CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

All the doors and windows inside the station were now being barricaded by everyone. Filing cabinets and desks were being moved to cover all the entryways to the station as the situation outside grew more and more tense by the minute. Venus was stood behind Lydia and Quinn as they tried to reach anyone through the radio.

"I still don't have any service." Quinn huffs as she puts her phone down.

"That's because they're probably jamming all our cells." Venus replies, kicking at a cardboard box on the ground next to her.

"What about the radio?"

The two brunettes turn to look at Lydia who messing with the knobs and switches on the machine. "All I'm getting is static."

"Are they jamming that too?"

Venus raises an eyebrows at the werewolf. "You like to ask a lot of questions, huh?"

"It's not easy to find a jammer capable of disrupting a law enforcement transceiver." the strawberry blonde replies, her tone growing frustrated as her fingers finally stop messing with the radio.

Venus' eyes widen in realisation, Quinns words from earlier ringing in her head. A deputy had shot her. Gerard has everyone.

"Unless someone's doing it from inside." the Nymph turns to look at the deputies crowding the front door, the two girls next to her growing worried at the possibility. They were trapped in here with people who wanted to kill them while still being surrounded by more people that wanted to kill them.

Suddenly, the radio cuts out and the station grows dark, the power completely going off. Venus' hands immediately move to her pockets in panic, grabbing no onto the hilts of her dagger for what felt like the hundredth time that night.

"That can't be good."

Venus' fingers move to her temple as a sharp pain shoots through her head like an arrow, a pained groan escaping her lips. Lydia looks up at the girl in concern, knowing how badly this past few days have been for her. However, as soon as the pain came, it was gone and she lets out a relieved breath.

"How easy is it to cut the power in a Sheriffs station?" Malia asks with a scoff from by the front door.

"Too easy." one of the deputies calls, pushing a kid into the center of the room. The boy falls to the ground, scrambling to move away from everyone.

Liam steps forward, anger oozing off of him. "Throw him out."

"N-n-no. You can't." the kid stammers. "Please don't. She'll know I screwed up."

"He's with them." Liam continues arguing but Scott quickly keeps him in check.

Venus moves closer to the main room, now coming to stand next to the Sheriff and Parrish. Her head tilts, attempting to examine the auras and the energies coming from the boy. His aura appeared smudged, signifying the confusion he was in.

The group turns to the Sheriff for his opinion, but it appeared Liam was feeling too strongly negative about this boy.

"He's a liar and he's sick in the head."

"And now he's under arrest." Noah sighs, gesturing to Parrish. "Lock him up."

Venus steps aside as she watches Parrish handcuff the boy and drag him towards the cells, spotting Theo dragging Liam away from the corner of her eyes. She carefully makes her way after them, not trusting Theo to be alone with any of her friends.

Upon reaching the bathroom doors, Liam pushes his way out roughly, coming to a halt as he spots the girl.

"He's the kid that beat you up the other day, isn't he?"