CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

Venus had never met anyone from her fathers side of the family before. She knew the story, of course, how they disowned him for loving her mother, how they never even tried to find out if he was well over the years. And she hated them with every fiber of her being. Hated that they shunned their own son, that they never bothered to get to know her or her mother, that they abandoned their family for some stupid code.

So, why all their friends had gone home to get packing and stick to their part of the deal, the old woman and a couple other hunters escorted Venus and Isaac back to their house. The boy was seemingly very confused for his sister did not get a chance to explain who the woman was to him, or to any of their friends before they were dragged into the black van.

"What the hell is this?" Alexander exclaims as he spots his mother walking through his front door with both his children in tow. "What are you doing here?"

Julia scoffs. "What? Can a mother not visit her darling son?"

"I stopped being your son the day you kicked me out."

Venus stepped between the two adults. "Look, Julia, I'll stay. I'll do whatever you want. Just let Isaac and my friends leave, the hunters agreed to the deal and that includes you."

The woman disregards the statement, moving to look around the small foyer and sitting herself down on one of their kitchen stools. She peels one of her knives out of her waist holster and flicks it in her hand, Alexander watching her carefully as he pushes his kids behind him.

"I thought betraying your family for one, supposedly kind, supernatural would be enough for you, Alex." the woman sigh, placing the tip of her knife on the island. "I never expected you to adopt a werewolf, of all things."

"I'm not going to stand here and listen to you insult my family, Julia." her son speaks defiantly. "State your business, then leave. You're unwanted here."

"I come with a warning."

"What kind of warning?" Isaac asks warily, speaking for the first time since they left the station.

"A warning that none of you will ever live in peace. That the hunters won't stop at just Beacon Hills, and you'd be fools to ever think that."

Venus raises her eyebrows at the woman. "Is that supposed to a threat?"

"Take it however you want." Julia's head tilts at her son. "Don't say I never did anything for you."

"Does that mean you're not hunting anymore?" he asks, confusion filling him.

"I didn't think I raised an idiot. I'll hunt your children myself if I have to, Alexander. Don't forget that."

Julia moves off her seat, pushing the knife back into its holder and gesturing to the two other hunters to wait outside. "Say hello to Stiles for me, Venus."

And with that, the woman leaves. Venus could feel her heart in her throat, her body filling with anger as the woman left their house. How the hell did she know about Stiles? Her pulse quickly rises as she realizes that none of them were truly safe anymore, including Stiles, who was three thousand miles away.

"You're both leaving. Right now." Alex decides, his face already red with fury as he moves to the stairs to grab both of their thin gas and load the car.