A kiss of Life

They immediately dashed through the nurses' headquarters for his sister's whereabouts. Arriving there, they quickly got her room number.

They stood for seconds before Somi's room. He looked at himself from up to down, wearing an inpatient hospital attire causing him to be stricken with fears. His nervous gaze landed on Eunha's who nodded with a caring smile. They then get in the room together.

Entering the younger's room, they stumbled upon Somi who was lying down on the bed entirely unconscious with a ventilator on her nose.

Her brother's heart sunk to the deepest anxiety. He sat beside his sister, gently patting her head as he cried saying, "I'm sorry, brother's here..." he mumbled.

Eunha's gaze directed at the doctor with defined facial features that made him almost like a painting. The doctor was standing before somi, having his fist balled whilst his eyes red and puffy. Eunha's breathing hitches as she dared to ask the young doctor.

"Please tell us she'll survive, doctor Kim..." she uttered, her eyes glossy. Upon hearing the name, Jungkook, looked up to him. Dark eyes narrowed, he stood up in abrupt force.

"I told you to stay away from her, she's like your younger sister! You bastard, Kim Taehyung!" Jungkook yelled in rage.

He went to the doctor and launched his punch at him but Eunha held his arms. Taehyung fearfully closed his eyes as he stood firm, tears falling on his cheek. The doctor slowly kneeled before Jungkook, silently weeping.

"Brother, God's aware I pulled out all the stops to get rid of her, and kill our happiness, dim my light. But what can I do? Everything pushed me into this endless pool of butterflies- the utter truth. I'm sorry that I've failed you," Taehyung mumbled crying.

"Apology's not accepted until she survives this mess!" Jungkook yelled, he aggressively dragged Taehyung through his shoulder, locking him out from the inside.

Jungkook calmed down, sitting on a small couch beside the hospital bed where his sister laid unconscious. Eunha sat beside him, handing him a glass of water. He gladly took it and sadly smiled.

"Why were you at rage with the surgeon?" Eunha asked, Jungkook shook his head and drank the water.

"He has been taking care of her whenever she's here for therapy. His smiles curve a smile on her face, to be honest, I saw love... young love," she added whilst glancing at Somi.

"You don't know deeply, don't butt in..." Jungkook protested, rolling his eyes. "Then tell me so I can help you. If I can, I would," Eunha sincerely uttered, holding his hand which made Jungkook conscientiously stare back and gulped.

They both had their eyes on the unconscious female youngster as they conversed.

"Taehyung and I were best of friends, more like blood brothers when we were 15, and Somi as 11. Our bond began when we moved to Daegu. He always visited our home, mom cooked for him. Our common things together are unfortunate poverty and love for singing. Taehyung and I play the drums and guitar as Somi mimics street dances. We protected each other like real siblings not until we reached age and fate had a left turn..." Jungkook paused, biting his lower lip, and sighed.

"I'm listening, I'm here...always," Eunha said, gently patting his back.

"They were young when they said they began to catch romance. I didn't rip that off because I support them but I was wrong..." Jungkook explained, Eunha gulped and gazed down.

"Shortly, mom encouraged Taehyung to live with us and withdraw from the gang that his father raised. He was the errands' boy of this group of evil addicts and convicts. Like a toy, he does all the demands, never to be treated as a son, and was often physically abused. He did succeed to run away and be free, we lend a warm hand to him. But, our family had a tragic experience because of him, me? Just a broken rib, Somi acquired PTSD and for worse, mom died..." Jungkook expressed, brows furrowed.

For how many years ago in Daegu...

Teen Jungkook was avidly running toward their small wooden house near the trees with a guitar hanging on his body and a hardcopy of the contract in his hand. He scanned it and grinned.

"I passed the auditions, easily slipping in for debut will later fund my siblings' tuition fees and mom's medications for heart disease. This would be a perfect birthday gift for my little sis," he said through his mind, smiling like a kid who was granted candy.

He ceased walking when he noticed that the house had no light on but half of it was ablaze, some parts fell into ashes. He quickly runs to rescue his family's life. Entering the door, he kicked off a burning wood and began assisting his coughing mother to exit the burning house.

"Mom stay here, where's somi and taehyung?" Jungkook said, as he laid his exhausted mother on the cold ground with grave anxiety rushing in his veins and being.

"Room..." his mother hardly  answered, as she finds it difficult to breathe. Jungkook quickly stood up but his mother held his arm causing him to sit again.

"Remember I love you, my oldest star. Go get your sister," his mother murmured, Jungkook nodded, pecked her forehead, and run into the burning house.

He bravely went into the room; the cabinet was burning as his fearful eyes wandered around the heated room. Looking at the side of the bed, there Somi was in her birthday hat and pajamas, leaning unconsciously with running blood on her head and bruises all over her body.

He carried his sister through his arms for a rescue. Arriving outside the burning house, he laid her beside his mother. Seeing his mother with no signs of breathing, he felt sharp worries and checked her pulse on the neck but nothing pulsates. Jungkook screamed out of pain, he attempted to call rescuers through his phone but a bullet struck right through his leg and arm forcing him to fall on the ground.

Jungkook saw an old man with a rifle in his hands, man whose eyes are bloodshot, his hairs are greasy and grumpy merciless. Jungkook's eyes then shifted to Taehyung who was a crying mess, being held by two armed convicts.

"Mess with us, call the cops and you'll all face demise," the old man said, smoking his cigarettes after.

"You already killed them! You evil-" Jungkook yelled making the gang laugh.

"Beat the fuck out of him," the old man ordered. "Dad, please! Enough, I'll go back!" Taehyung pleaded as he kneeled, crying.

The old man dragged Taehyung away from his home. He pushed taehyung to hopped in the truck. Taehyung looked at the side-view car mirror only to see his father's men beating Jungkook as his friend coughed out blood. Somi who seemed lifeless and his foster mother dead. Taehyung cried his eyes out as he punched his chest.

"Cut the fun, let's go! They for sure learned their lesson," his father yelled and chuckled.

Jungkook got back to reality and stopped telling his story, carried away by Eunha's soft embrace. He eventually cried again.

"Mom... she did nothing but took care of him like her own. Somi, she did nothing but love him. Me, he was a brother in my eyes but he took away the life in me. I was forced to raise my sister like how a parent should. We buried our mother with no proper burial, and..." Jungkook ceased as he sobbed in grave pain that has just reactivated within.

"He killed us alive. Now, tell me how worthy he is of forgiveness!" Jungkook yelled, Eunha just shushed him. Her eyes now watered through empathy and love.

"For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. Doctor Kim does not also deserve to not be forgiven. Promise yourself that you'll die living, and you can only do that when you keep on staying strong and when you forgive him, more importantly, forgive yourself for the wounds of your soul you yourself carved..." Eunha whispered as she cried.

Jungkook slowly retreated himself back from her embrace. He held Eunha's hand so tightly, smiling his glossy red eyes towards hers.

"I'll die living, we'll die living..." he mumbled, searching her eyes. He leaned further and pressed his lips on hers, her cheeks flushed red but her heart and soul was under a rain of blessing whilst he found, rosy life.

She pulled out and gently embraced him. 

"I'll die living because of you, we'll die living..." Eunha mumbled as she smiled in between her tears.