Remember me not, my yellow galaxy

A month has turned a page, the married ones moved to one big hospital room with the help of doctor Park. Their paintings and her books were displayed on the shelves. Polaroid photos on the wall, few guitars and a piano on the corner, and their hospital beds settled next to each other. Their room was white but radiates yellow.

In their hospital gowns, they still laugh with gratitude and contentment about the things they have. There are times when Woozi would pay a visit, Doctor Joon as Eunha's doctor would check on her, Doctor Park would converse with his friend, Jungkook and nurses would assist them.

One morning, they were eating breakfast on their individual bed together. Jungkook offered her a glass of water as she smiled in response of kindness.

"Thanks..." Eunha weakly mouthed and smiled at her husband. 

Out of the blue, Jungkook observes his wife as she slowly eats. He was completely in bliss, smiling.

"Are you happy?" he asked, his truthful smile of joy did not give up its existence. 

"Why wouldn't I be?" she replied, lightly giggling.

"Listen to this song, I made it for you..." Jungkook said whilst decluttering his table. He carefully stood up to reach for his guitar whilst her eyes followed him.

He grinned at her, showing his nose scrunch, making her smile fondly. He started the first strumming as he sings his honey-like angelic voice for his wife. He sang with his eyes close.

"I'm dying but I'm finally living. How ironic and winning. Cheers to a life with love, cheers to a love beyond death. You pushed me to dive into your yellow galaxy, I drowned smiling, heart pounding, and soul celebrating. You taught me how to be a star, you gave me reasons to levitate and fuel to drive. Would you run with me against the realms we have ever imagined...yes, you're the right person but no time for blues... we could, we could have time on the other side," Jungkook sweetly sang, enticed by their euphoria.

Eunha flashed a fond reward smile as she wiped her teary eyes through her hand. She then reaches out her hand to him to which made him walk and sit on the edge of her bed. She intertwined his bigger fingers with her smaller ones and pecked her forehead as they drop a tear together.

Her eyes dull with dark slight reddish shade below, her lips pale, and her heart beat fast searching his glossy eyes, she then gently touched his cheek, making him feel her cold soft hands. He shut his eyes, smiling in pursed lips.

"My yellow galaxy, my husband... Remember me not until we meet again. I'll wait for you there, will you come?" Eunha whispered as her breathe hitches. 

Jungkook nodded, closing his eyes as he sobbed holding her hand that touched his cheek. 

All of a sudden, Eunha started vomiting so alarmingly. Jungkook brushed his hand on her neck and forehead, realizing she's chilling. She continually vomited whilst he called the nurses and doctors for a rescue.

Jungkook warily observed the procedures of the nurses as he cried. The professionals transferred her body to another bed. They rushed Eunha out of the room as Jungkook chased his wife, thriving to sure everything's well.

As her breathe threatened to rest, she reached her hand out to him who was behind the nurses pushing her bed.

For the last time, as it seemed, utterly painful yet loving, he saw her angelic smile beaming amidst the dark. A picture he would replay as he waited for his time. 

He sat by himself in the hospital hallway, praying to God, pleading for even one more minute, chance to have her. He cried his eyes and souls out.

"I surrender it all to you, my God... we trust you more than ourselves," Jungkook prayed in mind, covering his face through his hands, whilst he cried a river.

~

Jungkook with a grieving heart, sat before the chapel's altar where her urn was delicately placed along with her paintings. He was wearing a yellow shirt, holding a yellow rose as he looked at her yellow galaxy painting. His eyes showed melancholia and contentment, he fondly smiled as a tear run down his cheek. Doctor Park Jimin who was sitting beside him, stared at him and patted his shoulder, quietly leaving him for peace.

He felt a sharp pain piercing through his brain, causing him to shut his eyes tight and hiss in pain. "Remember me not, until we meet again..." her calm voice echoed in his mind.

Jungkook then stared at her urn and smiled. "It's getting worse my star, gladly and blessedly, I'll remember you not until we meet again..." he said.

A red-colored ball bounced into the chapel through the aisle. Jungkook picked it up, facing the door, he saw a little girl in a yellow dress. She smiled, pointing her hand at the ball.

The girl's presence brought back pictures of their memory at the rooftop, when she was in yellow jacket, radiating the yellowness of life that revived him for eternity.

~

A year later, Jungkook was sitting on his wheelchair on the rooftop. Gazing up at the clear blue sky, Jungkook was smiling.

Doctor Kim and doctor Park from meters behind him, stood beside each other. Doctor Kim had his arms crossed over his chest, eyes directed at Jungkook.

"His neurological symptoms have advanced, his final stages are coming..." Namjoon said and sighed. "Nothing can be done to prevent the death that his heart has been waiting for," Jimin sadly commented.

"He's really an artist who stays true to his passion and skills engraved with the love he loses..." Jimin added, hands on his waist as he watched Jungkook's back.

"He never loses his love it was within him. His brain has forgotten, but his heart and soul feels..." Namjoon uttered, smiling.

"Agree. Such a great being who witnessed the dominoes fall one by one but remained indestructible. His falls never failed him," Jimin said, looking at Namjoon.

Namjoon pointed his index finger at Jungkook enabling Jimin to follow his gaze. It was Jungkook, strumming his guitar.

"I'm dying but I'm finally living. How ironic and winning. Cheers to life with love cheers to a love beyond death. You pushed me to dive into your yellow galaxy, I drowned smiling, heart pounding, and soul celebrating..." Jungkook paused as he squinted, brows furrowed.

"You taught me how to be a star, you gave me reasons to levitate and fuel to drive. Would you run with me against the realms we have ever imagined..." Jungkook sweetly sang, enticed by the euphoria he can't remember but can feel.

He gently put his guitar on the floor and held his chest, wondering why his heart pounded beyond the norm. A yellow ball bounced toward the rooftop fence catching his attention, he looked at it. A little boy grabbed the ball and walked back to the door.

Without knowing why, Jungkook shed a tear and lovingly smiled. Jimin walked to him and handed him a small baby yellow book of poems.

Jungkook gestured why, Jimin just smiled and left with Namjoon. He curiously glanced at the cover page and read.

"Remember me not, Yellow Galaxy... authored by Yellow Blood," Jungkook mumbled and blinked once.

He closed his eyes, inhaling the fresh morning air as a bulky tear fell on his cheek.

Jungkook's life is an intricate yellow mosaic of the persons that touched his life. One made him strong, one made him cautious, one enlightened him, and one made him find life. People may deem it as a tragic loss but for him so as she made him realize, it was no loss but a disguised finding beyond the shallows. 

We lose our battles, break our hope, doubt our faith, and fail ourselves, for, in the end, we may find life. 

Was Eunha a compass or a map? To him, she was more than that. She was a loving accomplice who showed him life, life into the yellow galaxy.

When he reaches heaven, he would lovingly run to her arms again. After all, he was the miracle she prayed for.