04 : 𝖠𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇 𝖲𝖾𝖾𝗄𝖾𝗋

[🌄]

Y/N sat on a bench, fronting the main palace doors. It was almost sundown. She and the ladies were given the freedom to roam around the grounds. She chose to prop a book and read on the corner, occasionally batting an eye to her fellows who were distantly laughing and talking.

Crisp.. Crisp..

For every page she turned, the paper satisfyingly let out a fine, brittle sound. Old scent and strong ink wafted into her nose as she held it closer to her face, skimming through the lines of a fairytale she's been prying lately.

"I got these emeralds from China." Seona spoke. "My parents hired a jeweler to craft it into a hairpin. I think it's a lot more special since it belongs to me."

"Your family is amazing, Seona!" Nayoung cooed. "I wish I were as elite as you."

A soft giggle rang from Seona's lips. She brought a hand over her mouth, shoulders lightly shuddering as she closed her eyes. She flipped her wavy hair, making sure her long, silver earrings would tinkle from her slightest movement. Nayoung doted, clinging onto the girl's arm.

Y/N peeked from her book. The two were walking past her. She heaved an exasperated sigh, just enough for them to hear. Seona paused and so did her friend.

"Lady Y/N!" She graced. "Good afternoon."

"Likewise."

"Why are you all alone? Where is your friend?" Seona smiled.

"Jungyeon is with her other peers."

"Ah, I see." Seona pouted. "Didn't they want your presence? You must've scared them."

"It was my choice to stay out of the crowd, Lady Seona."

Y/N's grip on the leather-bound tightened. Her right palm stung from the wound Seona had caused, but it wasn't the case at the moment. Seona stared down at her, eyes maliciously scanning her "lonely" state. Y/N arched a brow. She gave the lady a blank gaze, making her break eye contact.

"You know," Seona tucked her hair behind her ear. "You really shouldn't act too comfortable around Prince Soobin."

Y/N lowered her book.

"Because His Highness hasn't even chosen a perfect bride yet."

"I was not trying to be comfortable around the Prince." Y/N gritted.

"It's what most of us think towards you." Seona gripped on her skirt. "I suggest you loosen up a bit, Lady Y/N. You would not want to end up being scandalous."

"Scandalous? Well, I was not the one to push a lady down and cry when she refused to admit her mistake, was I?"

Seona faintly gasped. Her doe eyes began to well with tears as she transferred her clutch up to her chest. Nayoung gave Y/N a knowing glare.

"Your rudeness.. Was unnecessary.." Seona whimpered. "I don't see.. Why Prince Soobin.. Would be so fond.. Of you.."

"Who says he is?"