𝖤𝗉𝗂𝗅𝗈𝗀𝗎𝖾 : 𝖧𝖾𝗋 𝖬𝖺𝗃𝖾𝗌𝗍𝗒

[🎎]

"Y/N?"

Jungyeon entered the quarters where Y/N stayed for a week to heal. Y/N was lying awake on her bed, eyes set to the ceiling. She looked over to her friend who sat on the bedside.

That night when she was brought back to the palace, Their Majesties decided to move the ceremony after seeing how badly injured the lady was. Her parents were already notified and had actually paid visit the very next day.

"Jungyeon," Y/N slowly sat up. "It's noon, isn't it? Have you eaten yet?"

"I have," Jungyeon held her hand. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm better now, thank you."

"Today's the day Seona and Nayoung are facing their trial."

Y/N tightly smiled. "I know."

"Empress Maeji is about to pass on her crown to you as well."

Jungyeon squeezed Y/N's hand in hers. A proud smile stretched the girl's lips, seeing her friend's well-deserved victory. Suddenly, the door slid open. Prince Soobin stood by the way, grinning. Jungyeon heaved herself up and gave a polite bow.

"I'd like to have a moment with Lady Y/N, Lady Jungyeon."

She nodded. "Certainly."

Jungyeon marched to exit, but before she could vanish behind the wall, she turned back and gave Y/N a teasing wink. Y/N shook her head fondly. Prince Soobin kept his hands on his back and glanced down on her with adoration.

"I've heard you've been insisting to get out the quarters this morning." He cooed. "Are you sure about this, darling?"

"I am." Y/N sighed. "It's been a week. I can't lay forever like this."

"But your wounds—"

"The stitches are doing their job, Your Highness. Please, don't worry."

"Well then," Prince Soobin extended a hand. "Shall we?"

Y/N took the offer and stood. Her lover escorted her outside. She held onto her white dress, lifting the skirt as to not trip on the stairs. Guards and servants curtsey to her presence in which she gratefully returned. Prince Soobin led her to the courtyard where a few noblemen as well as Their Majesties stood.