17 : 𝖣𝖺𝗆𝗌𝖾𝗅 𝖨𝗇 𝖣𝗂𝗌𝗍𝗋𝖾𝗌𝗌

[🏚️]

Word spread around the palace about Y/N's danger like a bursting of a giant bubble. Emperor Dantae and Empress Maeji already instructed the guests not to chatter outside the walls as to not alarm the locals. They were still yet to ensure that the lady comes back safe for the ceremony to take place- because what would a ceremony be without the chosen one.

"You can't come with me, I already told you about this!"

"I care about her too, brother!" Prince Yujeong argued, strapping the quiver and bow around him. "You might be more concerned than me but that's my sister I'm saving. I can't let you do this alone."

"You can't even fire an arrow straight!"

Prince Soobin headed directly to the stable to get his beloved Nabi. Empress Maeji ad a few guards tailed after the two who were still constantly bickering. Prince Yujeong took a brown horse and mounted in sync with his brother.

"Soobin! Yujeong!" Empress Maeji called.

"Mother, please." Prince Soobin gripped on the rein. "I will not be able to forgive myself nor fathom to take over the throne if Lady Y/N-"

"Take care," she blurted. "And bring your bride safe home."

Prince Soobin paused at his mother's sudden sincerity. Empress Maeji held his hands and lightly gave them a squeeze of encouragement; same thing with Prince Yujeong. Prince Soobin tightly grinned, giving her a firm nod, before beckoning his brother to follow. With one lash on their reins, they set off outside the gates and into the night.

"Do you even know where we're supposed to go?" Prince Yujeong questioned.

"Mother said that the key to the old manor is missing," Prince Soobin gritted. "I have a strong feeling that Y/N could be there."

"But who could've taken her?"

"Those two guards who went inside mother's room," he guessed. "I have a hunch."

Prince Soobin narrowed his eyes on the road. He urged Nabi to run faster. Prince Yujeong kept up with his pace. The young Prince looked over his brother- he could tell he was agitated, scared, and anxious. He knew Y/N impacted Prince Soobin in such a way that he was willing to risk his safety if it meant he could take her back.

"Brother," Prince Yujeong gulped. "Don't you think the manor's too far for us to catch up?"

"What?"