07 : 𝖲𝖾𝗈𝗇𝖺'𝗌 𝖱𝖺𝗀𝖾

[🌙]

[Third Person's POV]

Jungyeon quickly paced down the hall and into her shared room with Y/N. Her friend was in haste to leave the dinner table as soon as she finished her meal. Jungyeon supposed that it was due to the humility she had gotten this morning. It was a sad sight to see— having a strong, graceful woman shamed in front of the royalties.

Jungyeon had doubts. She had to admit, she agreed with Prince Soobin upon believing that Seona did mean to kick the pebble to Y/N's way. Seona has been gleefully chirping and smiling the whole day since the incident.

Knock. Knock.

"Y/N?" Jungyeon called. "Are you asleep?"

She cautiously slid the door open. In front of her revealed Y/N sitting on her bed, facing the then-torn window.

"Y/N."

"Hmm?"

Y/N looked back with a blank expression. She was fumbling with something on her palm; her family crest. Jungyeon pressed a thin smile. She walked to her friend and sat beside her.

"Are you alright? You've been quiet all day."

"I'm okay," Y/N glanced down. "I just couldn't believe I almost got sent home."

"Me either." Jungyeon pouted. "Of all delegates, I expected you to be the last to go."

"What would my parents say if I.."

Y/N pursed her mouth shut. She couldn't bear to finish her sentence. The thought of being eliminated that early killed her. It hurt her pride. Jungyeon rubbed gentle circles on her back.

"How is your back feeling?"

"Better," Y/N sniffled. "Prince Soobin insisted for me to rest until afternoon."

"Oh, no, dear. Don't cry."

Jungyeon immediately wiped Y/N's tears off her cheeks. The girl just shook her head. She hoisted herself, bringing her knees close to her chest. Although she might be an intimidating, determined woman on the outside, her heart could still be shattered when tossed.

"Y/N, don't fuss about it anymore. Look, you're still here. Prince Soobin defended you."