10 : 𝖨𝗇𝗌𝖾𝖼𝗎𝗋𝗂𝗍𝗒 𝖲𝗁𝗈𝗐𝗌

[💮]

[Y/N's POV]

Red, cotton fabric.

Golden ornaments.

White beads.

Muliple-colored threads.

I sat on a cushioned chair, embroidering. All my fellow ladies were around me, doing the same thing. Our third quest came within the fourth week of our stay in the palace and to be honest, I liked this one better than the other two.

Lady Dalja said that being an Empress required creativity, not only in a simple form of art but rather to be able to visualize an ideal concept for various situations.

Thus, we were given the freedom to choose the materials so we could be able to express what our mind yearned to. I wasn't one to master any sort of weaving but mother had taught me enough to equip myself for today.

"Ah, my back hurts so much." Jungyeon complained, rather winced. "I feel like an old woman, Y/N."

"You're just 19, Jungyeon." I silently laughed. "You can't be that brittle yet."

"My spine begs to differ. Ow!"

"Darling, try stretching." I attached another ornament to my piece. "Drop your fabric and take a walk perhaps."

"I can't. I'm almost finished. Lady Dalja might think I was trying to skip this."

"How about you drink some milk?"

"My stomach would be upset!" She scoffed. "My ridiculous body couldn't take dairy well."

"Then I'm afraid you might have to endure your discomfort for a few more minutes."

Jungyeon's shoulder dropped. She leaned back on her seat in exhaustion, cheeks puffed, as she continued her duty. I fondly shook my head, carefully poking my own needle through the thick cloth. I stared at my project.

The golden raven symbolizing my family's crest flew its way past the swirling, white clouds. An orange fox hopped underneath, tail touching the sky and adorned with tiny, star-like ochres. I smiled.

A prosperous union under wit and justice was what it meant for me.