Episode 5 Cut-Throat Reunion

Song inspiration: Crossing the Line (From: "Tangled: The Series")

Artist: Mandy Moore and Eden Espinosa

~~~~~~~~~

Crash!

Screams echoed through the air.

Crowds of people scattered as they rushed for the exit out of the fair grounds.

Barney raced through the crowd with his snow cone cart, bulldozing his way through the chaos.

"Move! I'm not letting this get damaged! It's a rental!" he cried despite the bodies he was shoving with said cart. Judy, the mayor's secretary, rushed over to Barney with her blonde hair a static disaster. Her face was covered in dust as if there were an explosion.

"Barney, where's the mayor?!" she asked while trying her best not to sound frantic. Barney opened up his cart to reveal a delirious Mellow. The man's suit was scorched in certain places and torn in others, and his hair was sticking up in all different directions. He stared up at the two with a weak smile.

"I'd say evacuate the people... b-but that seems obvious, doesn't it? Anyone seen mother?" he asked before slamming his face back into the shredded ice.

BOOM!

"Those kids are gonna be the death of us all!" Judy screamed before sprinting away with her arms up in the air.

In the middle of the fair grounds, causing all the chaos, was none other than Corey and Laney.

The two were in a stand off, blasting one another with super sonic frequencies coming off their instruments. Around them were trashed stands, scattered debris, and a stage broken in half.

Their focus, though, was solely on each other. Their gazes burned with hatred and glowed the same color as their weapons.

"I've always hated you and your insane plans!" Laney spat while her green bass vibrated through her clenched fist.

"Oh yeah? And you think you're not annoying with constant complaining!?" Corey shouted. His blue guitar played a loud riff in protest. Both teens pointed the necks of their instruments at each other. The tips of them began to glow brighter and brighter.

"I should have never joined this stupid band!" Laney screamed. 

"Like I ever wanted you to join in the first place!" Corey exclaimed as their instruments grew so intense with their light that barely anything else could be seen.

Silence fell through the blinding light-

-Until an explosion blasted through the air like a crack of thunder.

...

-GROJBAND INTRO-

<Earlier that day>

Corey and Laney stood together by the computer in the garage. Corey scrolled through a website, and they both equally stared at the festival pictures in awe.

"I can't believe this music festival is coming to Peaceville today," Laney said. She noticed pictures of bands performing and stands that carried several instruments, t-shirts, food, or other items for purchase.

"I know! People from all over will be coming to check this festival out. This is the perfect opportunity for Grojband's big break! If we perform here, tons of towns will know our band's name!" Corey exclaimed with glee.

As the band leader continued to scroll through the website, Laney looked behind her. The twins sat on the stage, talking among themselves. Kin was busy scribbling inside a book with Kon was pointing a few times at his brother's written work.