Episode 4 A Monstrous Mistake

--Grojband Intro--

The moonlight shined over Peaceville. Screams and laughter carried throughout the streets as children in their stylish costumes went door-to-door. Adults dumped their treats into the kids' bags, causing them to squeal with joy.

One group of children, though, found themselves in front of a large red house. The garage door was open, but it was pitch black inside. One brave soul took a few steps towards the void. His knees began to rattle, and the green paint on his face smeared from sweat.

"H-Hello?" his voice squeaked.

Suddenly, Two golden orbs stared back into the tiny Frankenstein's eyes. It squinted heavily at the child while giving a low, rumbling growl.

The boy trembled, nearly dropping his candy from the terror.

Thump. Thump. Thump!

He could hear the sound of what could only be described as giant paws moving its way towards him. Tiny Frankenstein glanced back at his friends, but they had already zipped away, abandoning the poor soul.

When the boy turned back around, though--

"BOO!"

"AAAHH!!" Tiny Frankenstein jumped five feet into the air before landing back on the concrete. The face before him was definitely no beast but instead Corey Riffen, wearing fake werewolf ears and claws. The little boy relaxed once he heard the laughter escape the non-monster's mouth. "You scared me, Corey!" the child squeaked.

"My bad little dude, here," Corey said before tossing Tiny Frankenstein a candybar. The child grinned at the sight of his treat.

"Thanks Corey!" he shouted before racing off. The guitarist waved him goodbye.

"Uh, Corey? Could you turn the lights back on?" another voice spoke in the darkness. Obeying the request, Corey sunk back into the void before light consumed the entire garage.

Inside were the four young teens known as Grojband.

"Haad yur ffun?" Laney teased as she sat on the edge of the stage. Her normal rocker attire had switched to a greenish black vampire costume, and her fake teeth caused her speech to slur.

"Totally, the best part of Halloween is always the scaring," Corey explained before plopping down next to the bassist.

"Nuh-uh! It's the candy, man. You can't have Halloween without sweets! Right, Kin?" Kon asked. His face was covered in green paint, and his clothes looked like they had been through a shredder. He turned to his twin, who was busily at work with an invention. The skinnier brother poked his head out from behind the rather giant machine. His raven hair was wild with brown goggles strapped across it.

"Actually, I prefer the horror movies and other media that come out, but it's insane that there are so little Halloween songs. Doesn't Christmas have like a hundred or something? Share the spotlight, man," the mad scientist rambled while drilling in a screw.

"That's why Grojband's going to sing a brand new Halloween jam at Midnight tonight. We'll give this wickedly awesome holiday the praise it deserves," Corey continued, jumping up to his feet.

"Wou haave lerics four thiss jaam?" Laney asked through her vampire teeth.

"Soon enough, we just gotta find a way to scare the warts off Trina," the guitarist said with a smirk.

"Warts?" Kon asked.

"Yeah, Trina's apparently dressing up as a witch."

"FFFitting..." Laney mumbled.