Band Origin Pt. 6

Previously on Grojband--

"YOU'VE NEVER WRITTEN A SONG BEFORE!?!?!" Laney screamed as she shook Corey by the shirt collar. After throwing the boy around like a rag doll, the redhead met his eyes again.
"Why did you lie!?"

"I didn't lie! Okay, look, I have written songs before... they just, well... they kinda... suck?" he spoke with a weary smile. Laney's eye began to twitch before she released the guitarist and groaned till the ground shook. Corey glanced over the gloomy group with a frown before shaking off the feeling.

"Come on, guys. I have notebooks filled with different songs for us to go through. I'm sure we can turn one of them into a hit in no time," Corey explained while throwing his arms around the twins' shoulders. The brothers looked towards the blunette with hope slowly rising again. Laney then lifted her head back up to raise an eyebrow at the guitarist.

Corey, though, ignored the judgment and pointed one finger in the air.

"To my house!" he announced.

To His House Transition!!!

"Well it's official... this kid's insane," Laney grumbled as she glared upwards.

The three bandmates watched as the guitarist scurried up a tree in his backyard.

Kin watched the boy balanced himself on a thin tree branch while tip-toeing towards the house's open window. Kin then turned towards the redhead.

"Why is he taking this way to get into his room?"

Kon knocked against the brainiac's forehead.

"Uh, hello? To make sure his insane sister doesn't spot him!" Kon spat while raising his hands in air for emphasis. Kin then shriveled in fear.

"Right... is it too late to just forfeit and hide in our rooms?" Kin asked again.

Laney gave yet another sigh as Corey crawled through his window and fell inside.

"As much as I want to strangle that blue idiot right now, he does have a point... kinda. Somebody needs to stand up to those Newmans."

"Yeah, but does that somebody have to be us!?" Kin whined further. 

"We'll just be doing the same thing we did before, just fixing up an original song too," Laney reassured. "How much time do we have till the contest?" 

Kon pulled off his shoe and dug out a folded piece of paper. The larger twin had ripped off the pink flyer on their way to Corey's.

"An hour from now..." he said while reading.

Silence grew between the small group while Laney's teeth nearly cracked under the pressure.

"Oookay, well, we can still work with--"

CRASH!

The three kids looked up to find Corey scrambling out his window with several notebooks clutched in his hands. 

"GET BACK HERE YOU LITTLE--"

"Try and catch me yeah pink--Aaah!" Corey called out before falling off the ledge and face planting into the grass. The three kids dashed to his side, checking for serious damage. Corey, though, shot back up as if he merely stumbled. 

"I'm guessing Trina was waiting for you?" Laney asked with crossed arms. Corey looked her way with a toothy grin after spitting out bits of dirt.

"Yup, but at least I grabbed--"

"YOU'RE DEAD!" Trina screamed through the window.

"Go! Go! GO!" Corey spat as him and his band sprinted out of the yard.