Chapter 32

⚠️ TW: Heeeeavy steam 👀. ⚠️ 

Cas sat on the couch in her stylist's salon the next morning, typing away at Klaus's laptop since she didn't have a new one yet, while wearing one of her fiancé's hoodies and a pair of sweatpants from the pile Elena had left for her. While Karoline's hair was finished last night, her hair still needed some work, so she came back in the next morning for another round of major hair recon. She glanced up when she noticed Klaus staring at her. "What?"

"Nothing," he smiled softly at her, arms crossed over his chest. "Just looking."

She smiled softly and tilted her head at him, shutting the laptop. "Just looking?"

"What, am I not allowed to look at my beautiful fiancé while her hair processes? Er, whatever that means."

She giggled and reached out a hand to him, opening and closing her fist at him in a grabby hand. "C'mere."

He chuckled and uncrossed his arms as he walked over, taking her hand. "Yes, beautiful?"

She pulled him down into a gentle kiss and smiled wider. "I love you."

He grinned back and kissed her back. "I love you too, angel." He rested his forehead against hers briefly before kissing her nose and pulling back. "Do you want me to go run your ring over to Cartier really fast for the cleaning?"

"Actually that would be amazing. Thank you." She removed her engagement ring and handed it to him before kissing his knuckles gently. "Hurry back to me okay?"

"I'll be back before you know it." He smiled and quickly left the salon.

When Klaus was gone, Cas didn't know why, but she got incredibly anxious being by herself. Even though she knew she was completely safe, the salon was massive, and there were large windows everywhere, she was feeling suffocated being alone. She closed her eyes and leaned back, trying to calm her racing heart rate and not have a panic attack. She would need to talk to Klaus about this when he returned.

*****

Klaus came back just as Cas was having her hair finished and sprayed with hairspray. He raised an eyebrow when she jumped up and all but launched herself into his arms, but he held her tight nonetheless. He could feel her anxiety over the bond and how it began to dissipate with him back with her. "Hi, sweetheart. Are you alright?"

She whimpered softly in response and buried her face into his chest.

He was able to read her thoughts over the bond and took a deep breath before exhaling slowly, rubbing her back. "I've got you, love," he whispered and kissed her head. "How about we go home and relax, yeah? Your clothes are at the house. We can go home, get everything set up, and just relax. How's that sound?"

"Yes please," she said softly and looked up at him.

He nodded and quickly paid the stylist for her hair before he took her hand and started walking to the car. Once she was safely buckled in, he got in the driver's seat and started the drive home. 

There was silence for a moment before Cas spoke up quietly. "Nik?"

"Yes, sweetheart?"

"I think I have separation anxiety," she whispered and sniffled.

He was quiet for a moment. "Darling, please don't take this the wrong way, but do you think perhaps that you could have anxiety as a whole as well?"

Cas was quiet for a moment then nodded slowly. She had been feeling a lot of anxiety lately, not just separation. The nightmares she'd been having lately, too, weren't helping. "Yeah, yeah I think I do."