Chapter 3

Very quick A/N: house up top is the Cullen family home!

Saturday came and went with no incidents. Cas slept for the entire morning, did some work from home in the afternoon, dealt with her hangover, and that was that. She decided not to go out that night, just because she didn't want to deal with another one of her legendary hangovers for a second night in a row, especially knowing that she had a 2 hour drive ahead of her on Sunday morning to go from her penthouse in Manhattan to the Hamptons where her parents lived.

When Sunday morning rolled around, she woke up a lot earlier than usual seeing as she slept for the majority of the day and all through the night. She went for a quick run, drank some coffee, had a blood bag, called her mom for a bit, and made some breakfast for Karoline since she wasn't hungry. She rarely ate breakfast anyway.

Karoline came into the kitchen when she smelled the bacon cooking on the stove and rubbed her eyes, letting out a yawn. "You got up early for once," she mumbled tiredly and sat at the island, thanking her sister when she set a cup of coffee in front of her.

Cas shrugged and turned off the stove when the bacon was done, setting it aside with the waffles she'd made. "I slept a lot yesterday and last night. Not surprised I got up early."

The brunette shrugged in return and sipped on the coffee, thanking her once again when she set the plate of waffles and bacon in front of her. "What time are you heading to mom and dad's?"

"Probably within the hour. Are you driving with me or separate like last Sunday?"

"I'll go with you. I hate driving through all that traffic anyway. At least you can navigate the roads better than I can."

"That's because I drive like a speed demon," Cas grinned at her and leaned against the island counter, sipping her coffee. "Oh, and mom said bring a bathing suit if you want to, by the way. I'm not going to bring one, but I'm just relaying the message. I guess her and dad opened up the pool early this year."

Karoline nodded in response and started eating. The two shared some random conversation before it was quiet. "So... Are we going to talk about what happened Friday night?"

"What do you mean?"

"You know what," the older brunette gave her a look.

The blonde let out a sigh and ran her hand through her messy ponytail before just undoing the hair tie and shaking out her messy natural curls. "Look, there's nothing to say about it, okay? I got drunk, he got drunk, and we hooked up. That's it. He's my number one competition. I'm not interested in him like that." Yet her heart jumped almost immediately when her phone buzzed with a text, seeing it was from him. She hadn't realized she was blushing, either.

"Yeah, okay Juliet, keep telling yourself that about your Romeo." She paused before quietly asking her, "Are you okay? I know today is the... you know."

Cas froze for a moment before letting out a sigh, doing the dishes quietly. "I'm fine." In truth, now she wasn't. She had completely forgotten about today's date. It was the anniversary that her ex-boyfriend died of a drug overdose, as well as the day that she had turned into a vampire, turning into a heretic. That entire day was kind of a shit show.

"Do you want to-"

"No. No, I don't."

"Okay, whatever you say." Karoline rolled her eyes and got up from the table once she was done eating. "I'm going to shower and get dressed. See you in an hour."

"For sure." Once she was alone she opened the text on her phone, trying to ignore the darker thoughts creeping into her mind.

Klaus Mikaelson
'Morning gorgeous. How are you?'