Chapter 10

⚠️ Quick A/N: Mentions of violence and gore up ahead. ⚠️ 

"They aren't safe there anymore."

"And what is it you propose that we do, huh? Just leave them to the wolves? No offense."

"None taken."

"Klaus is right. The girls aren't safe there anymore."

"Then they'll come home with us-"

"You're out of your mind if you think they're going with you!"

Cas groaned in pain as she came to again, trying to cover her ears to cover up the sounds of the arguing voices. "Stop, arguing, please," she slurred out.

"CAS!" Klaus was at her side immediately and cupped her face in his hands. "Baby look at me. Open your eyes."

"Fuck off," she muttered but opened her eyes anyway, looking up into his own. "What happened? Where am I?"

"You're in my room angel. You were shot."

She could tell that he was holding something back and furrowed her brows at him. She looked at everyone else in the room, "Can you give us a second?"

Everyone else gave them wary looks but left the room.

The blonde woman sat up in his bed slowly and glared at her boyfriend. "You're holding back something. What is it?"

Klaus hesitated before sighing, rubbing the back of his neck. "Wesley was able to get the bullet out with a pair of tweezers. The bullet was wooden and laced with werewolf venom." He was still holding back.

"Okay? And?"

He gave her another look. "There was no trace of the venom in your system. Not even when I fed you my blood."

Her eyes widened as she sat there stunned. "But that doesn't make any sense-"

"I know. I'm calling an old acquaintance of mine for answers. I asked Freya and even she has no idea."

"I just don't get it. It doesn't make any sense."

"I know. But at least you're okay." He gently smoothed her hair down and kissed her forehead. "Darling do you have any idea who could've done this?"

She shook her head. "There's only one person, Mark. I don't know anyone else."

"Wes checked Mark first and he has a solid alibi. He's not even in the country."

"Then I have no idea." She rubbed her face in frustration. "I feel like I'm going crazy- wait a second. I heard you guys say 'they'... Who else got hurt?" She was met with silence. "Nik. Who else got hurt?" More silence. "Niklaus Mikaelson tell me right now or so help me-"

"Karoline."

"W-what..?"

"Karoline got shot too."

"WHAT?!" She immediately jumped out of bed. Bad idea. "Oh shit..." She mumbled and stumbled, nearly falling. She fully expected to hit the floor but she didn't. Klaus caught her and she gripped onto his shirt tightly, trying not to cry. "W-where is she?"

"Elijah's room. Come on, I'll take you." Klaus lifted her up bridal style in his arms and carried her down the hall to Elijah's room where the other Mikaelson siblings were along with her parents, Edward, and Wesley.

Cas scrambled down from his arms and crawled into Elijah's bed where Karoline was just starting to wake up. "Kar..?"

"Cas? What the hell happened? Why do I feel like I just got shot?"