Chapter 4

About a week and a half passed with no incidents at the office, or in Cas's personal life. She had another awkward family dinner, focused her energy on her work, signed a few new clients, made some heads roll, texted Klaus here and there, worked out, and everything was relatively peaceful. She was a bit lonely since Karoline had been spending the majority of her time outside of work with Elijah, but she didn't exactly mind it; she thought it was kind of cute. It made her happy to see her sister happy for once in their lives. The one thing singular thing that was making her agitated was the fact that for the first time in a decade she hadn't had some sort of one night stand in that timespan, her longest dry spell.

That all came crashing down with one bad meeting.

One of EvaCul's clients had dropped from their roster, making their stocks take a hit. It wasn't a significant hit, but it blindsided them nonetheless, seeing as the client was one of the ones that gave EvaCul Industries a decent amount of revenue. It sent Cas into a rampage and she fired 10 people in the span of an hour solely because of their ignorance.

She let out a loud scream as a knife was thrown into the wall, just narrowly missing Wesley's head. Her white dress flowing around her as she went on yet another one of her legendary rampages. "What the FUCK, Wes! Why did they drop?!"

Wesley ducked easily when she threw the knife and grimaced, loosening his tie when he stood up and gulping. "Mr. Fontana got a better offer."

"Who in the hell would offer him a better offer than us-" Her eyes immediately grew angrier, her irises turning red as the realization set in. "I'm gonna kill him."

"Cas don't-"

"HE'S FUCKING DEAD!" Cas went to leave the conference room before Wesley held her back. 

"Whoa there, killer! First off, you need to calm down. Who are you talking about?"  He held her shoulders and looked down at her, frowning in concern.

"Klaus fucking Mikaelson," she spat with enough venom in her voice to take out an entire large city's population.

Wesley's eyes widened a bit, his brows raising. "Why do you suspect him?"

"Are you stupid? He's been trying to use me! I fucking knew I couldn't trust him-"

"Cas, I don't think it was him."

That made her shut up and look up at him slowly. "What?" Her voice was cold, calculating.

"Think about it. Think about what we've learned about Mikaelson Enterprises thus far. Do you honestly think he would have the balls to take a well respected client from you when his own list is just as extensive and impressive as yours?"

That made Cas's shoulders slowly relax, but she was still tense and silent. The red color in her irises wasn't going away either.

"Think. Who else would have the guts to take a smaller client of yours and know it would make your stocks take a hit?" He was on to something.

Cas's eyes widened in realization. "No... You don't think he..?"

"I really do."

"Fuck."

*****

Klaus sat at the desk in his office reading the morning paper, trying to ignore the foul morning he had already had, when a particularly feisty blonde woman burst in through his door, yelling and screaming about something. 'So much for a peaceful morning,' he thought to himself and sighed, looking up at the woman with a raised eyebrow. "Hello, Cas. What exactly are you doing here-"