cheater

Imagine: You're dating Edmund Pevensie, who is America's hottest actor at the moment

Imagine: You're dating Edmund Pevensie, who is America's hottest actor at the moment. His jealous co-star tries to break you two up by making up a lie that he's having an affair with her.

Edmund had just completed his first big film, The Valedictorian's Lover, and for the red carpet premiere, he'd insisted you go as his date. Most of the time you liked staying at the house, occasionally tanning outside by the pool, or making food at the cabana kitchen. Going out meant seeing the paparazzi. It meant facing the realities of the flaws Edmund glorified within the walls of our relationship and house. 

Yet I would have done anything for Edmund, even if it meant encountering the pesky paparazzi. On the way to premieres, we normally stayed quiet and were pretty chill, but tonight was different. From the moment Edmund got into the car he seemed worried.

"What's bothering you, babe?" I asked.

"Nothing, why do you ask, darling?" He asked.

"Typically on our car rides you aren't quite as squirmish," I replied.

He sighed, "It's nothing, really."

"Edmund, you know you can tell me anything," I said.

"You know how I just signed on for The Explorer, which is filming in Africa this fall right?" He asked.

"Yes, you were ecstatic about it when you first told me." I nodded, "Has something changed?"

"Well, yes actually." He replied, "The female lead just signed and it's Annalise Basso."

My heart stopped. Annalise Basso was 22 like us and she had won a theater competition for adolescents a few years back. Not to mention she was tall, skinny, and perfect in every single way. I hated being insecure around Edmund but knowing he'd be filming on location 9,618 miles away for 6 months with this woman worried me. Temptation gets everyone, even the good ones. 

"See? I knew you'd be worried. And honestly, I don't blame you. I was thinking of dropping the role-" He began.

"WHAT?! You can't do that, Edmund! Not for my sake at least! You need to do this, baby. This could be so good for your career!" I looked straight at him and he looked back at me.

He extended his hand to brush a piece of hair out of the left side of my face. His hand grazed my cheek and I couldn't help but smile softly. He brought his hand back to my jawline and then leaned in to kiss me.

"I love you, (y/n). Just say the word and I'll quit." He whispered.

"Never," I replied.

"Annalise will be there tonight so at least you can meet her. And babe, you have nothing to worry about, okay?" He said. I nodded.

Inside the premiere, Annalise was standing next to the bar holding a glass of red wine, which matched her lipstick. Her hair was in an updo and she wore a wine-colored dress that revealed a great amount of cleavage and a bit of her leg due to a slit on the right side of the dress.