check yes or no

Imagine: In grade school (y/n) wrote Edmund a letter asking "Do you love me? Do you want to be my friend?"

Imagine: In grade school (y/n) wrote Edmund a letter asking "Do you love me? Do you want to be my friend?". Edmund checked yes and now that the two of them are at the end of their senior year at university, Edmund passes her a note of his own that says "Do you love me? Do you want to be my wife?" ;)

In the third grade, I'd been the designated troublemaker. I was always talking during class, pushing kids on the playground, starting rumors, and a million other ridiculous things. And I guess being the troublemaker came with confidence because I had the confidence to pass my crush, Edmund Pevensie a note that said "Do you love me? Do you want to be me, friend? Check Yes or No". To my surprise, he checked yes.

Through primary school we were really great friends: always hanging out on the playground, causing problems and starting rumors together, farting and blaming it on other people that we didn't like, all that. We were really like the fun-size version of Bonnie & Clyde.

However, we got to middle school and things changed. The school was extremely disciplined and our shenanigans came to an abrupt end. Furthermore, they separated boys and girls into different focused classes. Men took welding and women took sewing. Men took weight room and women took Home Economics. So my time with Edmund dwindled to only seeing him after school.

Again high school rolled around and things changed. Between 8th and 9th grade Edmund hit puberty and went from a geeky boy to a grown man. And all of a sudden every girl within a ten-mile radius wanted to be with him. Yet all he wanted to do was be with me. In 10th grade, we began dating one another. It was honestly very abrupt and unexpected, even to us. I'd been sleeping over at his house with his younger sister, Lucy, and there'd been a moment in the hot tub outside where he'd kissed me. Then we talked about the note.

And now here we were seniors in college sitting in the middle of our last Economics class, and class in general, of the year. I sat a row in front of Edmund, who was always trying to mess with me in class. As our professor was trying to explain what would happen at our graduation ceremony Edmund tapped my shoulder and passed me a note. I rolled my eyes but opened it.

"Do you love me? Do you want to be my wife? Check yes or no."

I turned around to see if he was serious or just trying to get a reaction out of me. He was down on one knee and people were beginning to pay more attention to us than the professor. He smiled at me and opened a red velvet ring box that contained a beautiful diamond ring. I began to cry and stood up in the aisle where Edmund was kneeling.

"So what do you say (y/n)?" He asked.

"I-I" I was crying so much that I couldn't really say anything for a moment, "Yes, Yes..."

Then we kissed in the aisle and the class erupted into applause. The professor even cracked a smile at the two of us.

"That concludes our discussion of the ceremony and our school year. Good luck and Congratulations. Especially you two." She smiled and pointed at us.

I grabbed my bag and walked hand in hand with Edmund out of the classroom and to our favorite lunch place down the way, the ring on my left finger.

"That was really sweet." I smiled.

"Well, I figured if I checked yes, you might too." He smiled. I laughed. He had a point.