iced coffee & blueberry scones

AU Imagine credit to whoever posted this on tumblr! All of your ideas were wonderful but this one stood out :) I hope that you enjoy the way that I wrote this and the small changes I made to fit my character :) Thank you for this awesome idea! -R_...

______________________

   I had just opened a flower shop next to this store that sold scones. Most of the days I had just begun, I mainly avoided the store. Until one afternoon when I had forgotten my lunch at home. I went next door to the shop and prepared to order one scone and probably an iced coffee. The cashier, who was turned around was making an elderly woman's latte, so I waited my turn.

   He turned to the barista who handed the latte to the elderly woman. The cashier looked at me and I looked at him for a moment. I'm not going to sugar coat it: he was hot. Like if young Leonardo DiCaprio was ebony-haired hot. He smiled at me and then asked if he could take my order.

   I ordered an iced coffee and a blueberry scone. My total was $7.50. My coffee cost me $1.25, meaning my scone was $6.25! I took my scone and sat down to eat it. It tasted like ass. But my eye caught that of the cashier with the name tag that said Edmund, and suddenly the scone was heaven.

   So, everyday at 1:20pm, I went next door, Edmund listened as I ordered an iced coffee and a blueberry scone, and then I would sit down in the same booth and eat it. I had done this for two months when Edmund finally said something.

   I ordered my iced coffee and blueberry scone and he stood over the cash register for a moment just looking at me.

"Why do you come everyday?" He asked.

"I like the scones." I lied.

"Our scones are horrible. You're literally the only person who buys them. What's the real reason?" He asked, smirking.

"There's this cashier who works here each day at 1:20pm, and he's very attractive, so the shitty scones are worth it." I smiled and handed him $7.50, then I walked to the other side of the counter where the barista, whose name was Lucy, stood.

"You come here to see me?" He asked. I shrugged and took a sip of my iced coffee.

"Then you'd be alright with going and getting something real for Lunch tomorrow? Not shitty scones?" He asked.

"Sure." I smiled.

   And so our small lunch rendezvous began and my visits to the scone shop lessened and became visits to buy iced coffee. And to give Edmund a peck on the cheek before I had to open my shop up again.