school dances and first kisses

Edmund Pevensie hated school dances with such a passion that he had started a petition to cancel the Winter Formal. (y/n) (y/l/n), the President of the Winter Formal Committee, was furious when she found out about this absurd proposition. So furious in fact, that she decided it was time someone taught this Pevensie boy a lesson.

   (y/n) snuck into the football locker room during practice the day before the dance and used a bobby pin from her back pocket to pop the lock on Edmund's locker. She was successful and dumped several bottles of glitter all over his sweatshirt. After the seventeenth bottle, she paused. His clothing smelled like dried timber and candy canes on Christmas Eve. She smiled and then snapped out of it and closed the locker again before leaving.

   When Edmund and his teammates came back into the locker room, they all noticed Edmund's locker was gleaming in the horrible lighting. He opened the locker and his jaw completely dropped. Everything was covered in hot pink glitter. He tried to shake it off of his clothing, but was entirely unsuccessful. He would later find out that after two washes, the glitter would come out. Except for one speck in the left armpit area.

   The next afternoon, (y/n) was at school at 2pm preparing for the Winter Formal. While she was there working, there was a job that needed to be done on the ladder. (y/n) starting handing the streamers, but she lost her balance and fell on her right arm. Her vice president, Susan Pevensie, came to her aid immediately.

"Susan, we need someone to come help us finish this job." (y/n) sighed.

"Okay, I'm sure I can make a few calls." Susan reassured (y/n).

   Thirty minutes later, Edmund Pevensie walked through the blue double doors of the gymnasium. (y/n)'s jaw dropped and she looked from Edmund back to the nurse who was bandaging her arm.

"What can I do to help?" Edmund sighed.

"I thought you hated this dance." (y/n) raised an eyebrow and looked him up and down.

"Only because you're in charge." He replied spitefully.

"What did I ever do to you? Thank you." (y/n) thanked the nurse, got her feet, and glared at Edmund.

   Edmund stood at 6'3", which was several inches taller than (y/n) was. He would never admit it, but he liked the way that she glared at him from so far below him. And he liked the way that when she got closer to him, you could smell the cinnamon perfume emitting from her lavender sweater.

"Nothing. You did, however, break my brother's heart." Edmund replied.

"I did not! He cheated on me." She looked down and the anger was replaced with sadness.

"Oh." Was all Edmund said. How was he supposed to reply? His brother had lied to him and made him hate someone he knew he was meant to love.

   For the next few hours, Edmund helped as needed. That ususally meant that he was helping (y/n) with the jobs she couldn't do alone. One of which was pouring red punch into plastic crystal cups in the kitchen.

"How do you do this?" (y/n) was getting frazzled and somehow it made Edmund want to help her even more.

"Like this." Edmund took his right hand and put it around (y/n)'s right hand, which was gripping the plastic pitcher. He guided her small hand towards the cups and helped her pour the punch into each cup. (y/n) would never admit it, but she didn't need his help, she wanted it.

   When 7pm rolled around, everyone disappeared to get ready. When (y/n) emerged from the girl's bathroom, she was in a blue flowy, formal gown, her hair and makeup completely immaculate. She began to get accomodations together and soon enough the dance opened. She went to the bathroom and then came back to make her grand entrance. When she did, no one looked. Except Edmund. The crowd of people seperated and Edmund and (y/n) were staring right at one another. 

   Edmund's tie matched (y/n)'s dress and she couldn't help but smile. As she approached him,the lights dimmed and the DJ started to play Can't Help Falling in Love. Edmund extended his hand to (y/n) and she blushed as she took it. They got into a waltzing type of position. Edmund put his hand on her back and she placed her hurt arm on his left side. They began to dance in their place in the middle of the dance floor.

"I'm sorry about what I said earlier." Edmund said.

"What did you say earlier?" (y/n) asked.

"About what you did to my brother. I didn't know the truth, and I'm sorry." Edmund apologized.

"And I'm sorry I filled your football locker with glitter." (y/n) laughed.

"I suspected you were the culprit." He smiled.

"I really am sorry, Edmund." She smiled.

"I don't mind it." He laughed.

"Edmund, I should tell you something." (y/n) sighed.

"I'm listening." He replied.

"I've realized something tonight. I've hated you for all these years, or so I thought. I've actually been falling in love with you through my driven hate for you. I'm sorry that does not sound the way I hoped it would. I love you. Okay, I said it. I know you probably don't feel the same way for me, and I don't blame you because you are insanely good looking and I am-" (y/n) was cut off when Edmund kissed her. The entire world stopped and she closed her eyes, moving her fingers along the collar of Edmund's shirt.

   When they broke apart, the world seemed full of color and meaning that hadn't been there before. And I'll just say that after that dance, Edmund was the Full-Time Assistant to the President of the "Party Planning Committee" as he called it.