(1) 𝑾𝒊𝒔𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒃𝒚

The world has to be against me, otherwise, it wouldn't be fair.
To win a battle you must fight as if you are already dead as if you have nothing to lose.

Why do I live by those words?... Why not?

I broke an ice cream building window by swinging a crowbar at it until it shattered. I can see the surprise on bystanders' faces.

"That's my kid! Woo! I feel like a freakin soccer mom." My dad, Kai Parker, cheered me on.

"Stop before I call the cops!" An employee demanded flinching from the glass that flew.

"Who, that slug Matt Donavan?" I asked before swinging again giggling.

The next thing you know matt was holding me at gunpoint. I walked closer to him until the gun was on my heart.

"What are you gonna do, shoot me, Donavan?" I asked. "Go away." I compelled him, I'm a heretic.

"Nice try I'm on vervain." He smiled. Then cocked the gun. "And so are these bullets."

"Ok fine! Just stop aiming that- gun at my daughter. Ok? We'll go pleasantly-" Matt started lowering his gun.

"-ish," he added. Matt lifting his gun again. "Ok fine Mr.Officer arrest us." He joked as we got cuffed and thrown into a police car. While we were being handcuffed my dad thought it would be a good idea to flirt with donavan.

"Ooo handcuffs! You into that? This will be our little secret." Now I just felt embarrassed.

Once again, my mom, Bonnie had to bail us out. "Mom I'm sorry I-" I try to explain.

"I don't want to hear it, Kassi!" She kept driving.

"But mom-" my dad mocked leaning to my mom with a pout.

My mom turned to give him a serious evil eye. I burst out laughing. I can't ever take my dad seriously.

My mom fidgeted with the rearview mirror to me showing only those same angry eyes.

I clear my throat and avoid eye contact. "You know what? I'm very disappointed in you, both of you... mostly you. You broke your word."

I really was sorry and I really did feel bad but at moment I just can't control it. I told her I wouldn't do it again the first 20 or more times but, this one felt different.

I stayed in my room till dinner throwing knives at a target board. It was silent at dinner, rather the uncomfortable silence.

"Why were you even destroying the shop?"

"We wanted ice cream."

"I gave you money for ice cream"

"They... got the order wrong," I answered softly.

My mom looked even madder.

"It was pistachio flavored! How do you mix up cookies and cream for pistachio?!" I tried to reason.

"That's why I called Caroline and Alaric to inform them you will be attending the Salvatore boarding school."

"What? No! You are not sending me away." My mom got up and started walking away. "Mom please don't send me away." I cried. "Dad?" I looked at him for help.

"Ok Bonnie that's a little too far, you can send her to Enzo for a little but it was my fault, and that our kid, please." He begged.

"No, what's 'too far' is getting a call from the sheriff's office saying you too have been arrested and I have to spend the money I work too hard for and have this conversation every day, just for you to do it again!" She yelled. "That's too far... and Kai you want her to be like you so bad, it's pathetic." She left us with that.

"I'm sorry kiddo." I tear went down his cheek.

"I don't wanna go. I don't wanna leave you." I whined.

"I know baby, I know." He kissed my forehead and embraced me in a hug.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day all I did was try to convince her-

"Time to go Kassidy!" She called from the bottom of the stairs.

And that didn't work.

I didn't want to go. My dad was like the Joker to my Harley Quinn...minus the toxic relationship. Like... Klaus and hope! That's better.

I grab my luggage and load it into my trunk.

"Be a good kid." My father came down the steps. "You got a little-." He pretended to dust something off my shoulder sliding his favorite knife in my uniform jacket pocket.

"I'll be seeing you soon... be a Parker, not a Bennett." He whispered.

He let me go and waved as we left the parking lot. I put in my headphones watching out the window.

No one will ever understand me, not even my mom. I learned to understand that. ________________________________________

Tell me what you think or ideas in the comments or it could be about anything just lmk💗.