(6) 𝑴𝒚 𝑺𝒖𝒏𝒃𝒊𝒓𝒅

I followed Josie into the gym. And I saw her.

She was wearing a jersey guessing we have football and basketball this year.

Red head. Fair skin, and gorgeous blue eyes. With a basketball and backpack in tow.

"What if I just go, talk to her." I softly shrugged.

"Are you mentally stable?" Josie shrieked wide-eyed.

"No, I'm a sociopath," I said losing all humor in my voice. What kind of question is that? I pour milk before cereal!

"Ok but just- don't be yourself." She cuffed my face with her hand playfully.

"What? Why not? You tell everyone else to but me! I'm offended." I crossed my arms jerking my face from her hands.

"Because of your a sociopath." Josie mocked.

Ouch!

"You said it yourself. Your words, not mine."

"Yeah but it hurts when you say it," I muttered and pouted.

"Just go talk to her!" She rolled her eyes and shoved me into her.

I'm Kassidy but you can call me Kas or Kassi. I'm Kai and-. I ranted.

"I know who you are Ms. Parker. Didn't your mom stop hellfire from burning down this terrible excuse for a town? She's so underrated!"

Beautiful and easy to talk to.

"A hellfire my father started, but she is underrated though."

"Still pretty cool. Did you need anything? I just finished practice if you need the court." She offered.

Josie jumped in. "Oh no! We just have a few questions for a project about mythical birds and- thought maybe you could help us?" Josie shrugged with a puppy-eyed smile.

"Yeah, I just need to finish packing up. We could do it at my dorm before I freshen up." She offered.

"Wait! I need to get our laptops." Josie exclaimed.

"Oh no, I can get my laptop by myself." I attempted to imply I didn't wish for her to leave me alone with her.

She certainly comprehended what I secretly tried to clarify but chose to avoid it. "It's fine, our dorms are particularly close." Her dorm is 2 halls away! She hurried off.

I swear I'm going to kill her. I thought.

" So, are you new here?" she asked.

"Yep but I grew up with half of the people who go here," I confessed.

"So what's brought you here now?" she stopped rampaging through her backpack.

"I and my dad as you would expect are quite the troublemakers so." we snickered. "Whats about you?"

"My parents think it's better if I embrace what I am. I thought I'd hate it but, I like it."

"Are you trying out?" I motioned to her Salvatore boarding school jersey.

"Yes, luckily the coach is a feminist so, how did your parents fall in love? Is it like some enemies to lovers trope?" I'm guessing she likes reading. Good.

"Pretty much. They have their moments, mostly my dad, but they never go to bed angry at each other. Their love is, quite fascinating." we lock eye contact gleaming.

"That was the least anticipated love story in mystic falls history, but that's just how mystic falls is." she shrugged.

"I'm starting to think your fangirling over my mom." I teased.

"Possibly."

I narrowed my eyes.

"if I admit it will you tell me more?" she pouted tilting her head. I nod.

Fine! I think your mom is cool and I look up to her.

I chuckled and sat next to her and she did the same. We talked about my mom until Josie came back.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know this is superrrr short but I feel so bad making wall wait for months bc I keep forgetting I know y'all hate me😭😭🤦🏾‍♀️ but Im really going to try this time