(2) 𝑨 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈

"Kassidy! Oh my gosh, it's been so long." Lizzie shouted pulling me into a hug. Josie just stood behind her being shy as always.

"I see you still haven't changed." I smiled at Josie.

Even though my father did try- well did kill the whole bloodline they were cool with me when we were younger.

"Bonnie Bennett!" Caroline shouted in disbelief while exiting the school.

"Caroline, I see you and the kids are doing well." My mom added. Caroline looked down at me.

"Hello, Clarice."

"Yep, I see the problem now." Caroline use to babysit me when my parents had 'date nights' she's use to me by now.

"Well mom, bye." Adding a little sarcasm to get the point across I was not happy about moving schools. Hope showed me around and to my dorm.

"Well it was nice seeing you again after all this time but I have my mom's birthday which is 2 days after tomorrow so I have to get packing." Just like that, she left me to unpack.

The good thing about going here is that I know everyone who is in the oldest grade like Hope, Lizzie, Josie, and so on.

But I only know my boy besties in my grade Quinton, William, Dray, and Justin.

My mom hates the fact that my only best friends are boys. While my father despises the fact that I have friends at all he thinks it makes me weak.

I guess that's the main difference between us, I have quite a soft spot for people I like.

Every year we have a party the day before school starts just us 5, it's been a tradition for 6 years. It's tonight actually and now we all go to the Salvatore boarding school.

I heard a voice and this time it wasn't the loud manipulative one in my head.

"Kassi!?!" A familiar voice yelled entering my dorm.

"So you people just yell people's names as a way to greet each other? Noted." We laugh while hugging.

It was Justin.

"Why are you my dorm mate isn't that illegal?" I asked.

"Well Dr. Saltzman is fine with it and so are our parents, even though Kai did put a knife to my throat saying if I touch you he'd kill me, yeah. If you want I could-"

"No, it's fine!" I insisted. Rather it is him than anyone else. "Have you spoken to the others about tonight?" I question.

"You mean about the party that starts in 45 minutes? Yes, I have." He answered.

I turned to my clock, 7:15 p.m.

"The party starts at 9:00! Don't think I won't finish what my father started." I started holding his knife to Justin's throat. Looking as innocent as ever.

"Your the one who fell for it." he walked away to finish unpacking.

"I'm going to hang out with some friends!"

"Wait! What friends? Is it a 'friend' friend or an actual friend because I'm your only friend other than the others and you are not allowed to have a 'friend's friend." He was angry in a joking way.

"Ok 1: it's a guy 2: he's better than you 4!" I ran down the hall before he could say anything else then I realized he wasn't even chasing me.

"Excuse me watch out! Wait, Kassidy Parker?!"

"M.G!" I said sarcastically.

"Sorry for running into you but I got to go." He apologized.

Well so do I because I have a party to get ready for.