(4) 𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆d̸

You promised.

It's all I could think about.

       "Dr. Saltzman wants to speak to you." The twins came to my room to get me and Justin and the others who were on our floor in our dorm.

       We watched the ceiling not saying a word but muffled tears for 2 hours since we got back. I just stared at my photo wall of us most of the time.

 I just stared at my photo wall of us most of the time

      Hasn't been that long but I still miss him. The thought of me never seeing him was like a burden to me.

       Maybe I should have- maybe you should've what? There was nothing you could've done Kassi.

       Ever since earlier, we haven't left our bed. William was one of the sweetest things in the world- gosh he use to cry when he killed a flower when we were nine.

        Out of all the boys, I knew him the longest. I was once again snapped out of my trance by yet another person, Lizzie saying.

"Sorry for your loss." I wanted nothing more than to snap her neck.

"We'll be there in five," Drayco answered.

         When we finally got up one by one helping each other up we went back to Dr. Saltzman's office.

"What do you need us for?" Quinton asked.

         Alaric held up his phone for us to take. "We have to tell his mother... I thought that it would be better if you all told him because she knows you all well. You would comfort her."

Then there was silence none of us had the heart to tell her.

         His mother was like a second mom to us she's the type to make us lunch. 'Kidnap' us from our house to have a sleepover with William.

She was just like him...

           "I'll do it, Dr. Saltzman." Justin put up a brave face slowly taking the phone every second regretting his decision.

Hello?

Hey Ms. Bergman how are you?

            "Good! Why? Do you need me to pick you guys up? I will get you guys favorite cookies started!... What's the newest movie today? I could take you guys out. Put William on the phone I miss my boy."

    Justin quickly covered his mouth trying not to let the whimpers escape before putting her on mute.

"Please don't tell her!" He begged.

       He was being selfish but for a good reason. She's an amazing woman and loved nothing more than her kids and us.

Dray pulled him into a hug. I think it's the only time I've seen the boys cry.

I took the phone taking a deep breath before snatching the phone from Justin.

He's dead.

Wha- wait what do you mean? Who's dead?

        He's dead. William is dead... His body was found this morning, and I'm so sorry. We don't know who did it or why but I promise you we will make sure whoever did gets what they deserve!

         Then when I thought nothing could make it worst. After a few moments of silence, another voice spoke. A child. Her voice scarcely whispered. In three words my heart shattered.

Momma, where's Willy?

           His sister... his baby sister. Who is going to help her once she triggered the curse? How is his mother supposed to tell her William is dead and isn't coming home?

Ignoring her daughter's question she said one last sentence before hanging up.

He loved you, Kassi.

———————last night———————-

I missed you guys. Love ya!

His last words...

—————————now————————-

"I know... I love him too." Then I hung up.

I was in denial.

And I knew it, there's a difference between love and loved.

We just went back to our dorm doing the same thing we did earlier.

           "You know what? Now that I think about it-." Quinton got up from the floor grabbing everyone's attention. "I think Kassidy did it- Before you yell at me for it think about it, she's a psychopath-."

"I'm a sociopath, get your facts straight. I prefer creative." I smiled.

            "See! This proves my point. Your best friend just died and your smiling correcting me on how unstable you are!" He gestured everyone's face to me

            "What did your daddy tell you to do this time? Kill your best friend to prove your loyalty to him? Huh, daddy's girl?!" He grabbed my chin fixing it to look at him.

          "Get your hands off of her! Last time I checked you were drunk! You saw him last! You said you didn't remember anything maybe because you don't want to remember or you do but you blame Kassidy to cover it up! I mean that is your way of doing things isn't it you alcoholic?!"

Justin stood up for me pushed Quinton across the room.

           "Guys chill! We're supposed to find out who did this together not blaming each other! We lost William today! Although we weren't as close as you all, he was a good friend-." Dray took a dramatic pause.

          "-So can we please just work this out because before today I never thought about the fact I could lose one of you in the matter of a second." He added.

          "You know what? I'm out! And Kassidy, stay away from me you freaking psycho!"

        "Did you think maybe you'd rather be friends with the psycho than enemies?" Justin asked sarcastically.

        "Yeah, well look what happened to William! I'll take my chances." He whispered between his teeth.

Then Dray came between them pushing both of them away from me and each other.

"I said enough! Just shut up! Both of you!" He said switching his glance from each of us.

Quinton just left quietly. Justin mumbled gibberish then launched my vase to a wall.

"Hey! That's expensive sir!" I shouted.

Dray just shook his head giving me a 'not the time' look.

What if Quinton was right?

What if I did do it?

What if I did kill my best friend?

What if I did kill William Bergman?