(8) 𝑯𝒆 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖

And if I only could.
               I'd make a deal with God.
         And if get him to swap our places.
        - running up that hill by Kate bush
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Victor Dwight, who the hell is that?" Quinton asked the question that was on everyone's mind. Well, everyone except Justin.

"What do you know?" I asked. He flinched slightly, his jaw fixed. "It's my fault," Justin admitted. Now we all were confused.

"A couple of years ago, I was at a friend's house. I got into a stupid argument with one of his friends. So when my friend went inside, I pushed the guy into the pool," Damn it, Justin! "You know the worst part is- I saw him struggling; begging for help. But I stood there."

The silence was awkward. We knew how to trigger a werewolf curse. Had to fight the urge to say my uncle broke his neck tap dancing once. Instead, I said. "Was there any chance their name was Carol Lockwood- Ow!" Drayco elbowed me. Quinton snickered.

"We get it. This is how you triggered your dog- Werewolf!" Justin interrupted Drayco. "Ok, but what does it have to do with 'Victor Dwight' or William for that matter?" For once everyone agreed with him.

"His name was Christopher Dwight." Who the hell names their kid Christopher? "That's just great. Anything else you forgot to tell us?" Drayco asked in annoyance.

"Please drop it!" We all followed him into the car. The ride back was very silent but you could just feel the energy from everyone. Whether it was anger, confusion, or betrayal. You felt it.

        "All this time you let us believe it was Kassidy," Drayco said quietly. "Dray let it go. Now's not the time." Justin rested his fingers on his temple still focused on the road.

      "You should've told us. William, my- our friend is dead." Quinton turned to him in the passenger seat. He was far beyond angry. I knew William the longest but he and Quinton were very close.

       "I didn't know! If I knew this was going to happen it would've been me... It should've been me." his eyes were shiny like broken glass.

We went to our rooms to rest. Justin went off somewhere else. I soon realized I was being followed. "Kassi!" I turned around to see Quinton making his way to me. "I wanted to say sorry. Can I come in?"

I unlocked the door and walked in while he followed. He sat down on Justin's bed. I took off my jacket & shoes. "What's up?"

~ Quinton ~

"I'm sorry for blaming you. He would've killed us both if he was here to see the way we treat each other now. You were Williams's favorite person in the world. And he loved you and- he loved you too." I stopped picking at my nails to look at her.

She sat down next to me and laid her head on my shoulder. "He used to talk about you all the time." I felt her smile faintly against my shoulder.

"Are you going to tell me what he said?" she lifted her head off my shoulder. "Gonna have to beg first." She whispered. Her lips were inches from mine.

Then she pushed herself away laughing. "I'm just kidding. He liked your hair," She laid on my lap. Facing away from me.

"The way you style it. He liked your eyes. Even though you both had the same color. He liked your laugh. Even though it was weird. He liked you. Because you were a mess, like him. He liked the way you made him feel until middle school."

I tilted my head looking down at her. "Why? What did I do?" I asked. "When we first met, before I got us kicked out of the science museum, he bought you a necklace- an Amethyst necklace."

"You remember?" she looked up at me. "Obviously...Continue." She rolled her eyes and returned to how she was.

"You broke the necklace because you were embarrassed by him in 7th grade and he cried all day." she chuckled.

"So he died thinking that I hated him?" A tear fell off my cheek and onto Kassidy's. "Dude!" she wiped the tear sitting up once again. "That was like 3 years ago. We've been close ever since. He loved all of us."

"But he didn't love-love me?" She stared back at me smiling. Like realization hit her. "You were in love with him?" Then realization beat me.

Was I?

"I don't know." There I was picking at my fingers again. "What did you feel around him?" She urged on. "It doesn't matter anymore. Goodnight."

I ran out of the room and went to mine. I began crying. My cheeks burned slightly for a reason, I may never understand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Go follow my tiktok for edits...@rxd.3uphoria

Haven't been the best lately; mentally. But I'm going to keep writing. I just really need support right now. Thank you!

𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆,
𝑹𝒆𝒅💗