5

"You're telling me we have no clue where his base or any trace of him is at?...and you want me to find him?" She asked, slamming both her hands against the wooden desk. Her chief didn't react at all when she did that, he was used to it, in fact she was one of the first officers who had the courage to try and damage or scratch his 100$ desk. (Too expensive for her taste to be honest.)

He took a long sip from his coffee, trying to finish it as quickly as he could, afraid that next time her anger was going to make her spill the coffee all over him. "No but I'm sure you can find him."

"I can't find him if I don't have any idea where he's at."

"Well. Start from the beginning, retrace his steps and think like a criminal."

"This isn't going to work."

"Think like a criminal." He cooed, spinning in his chair as he happily drank out of his warm coffee.

*

New Years was just around the corner and she didn't want to celebrate it with millions of thoughts about work running around her mind. Yet she knew this job would take at least a year to get it over with. Not a single officer had managed to find a clue about his whereabouts, in fact they all gave up and closed the case, telling the press that Reeno Jenesis, at the age of sixteen, was most likely dead.

So the press gave up on asking questions, officers continued with their every day job at stopping fast drivers and her family? Well her family cursed the NYPD and searched for another way to find their missing daughter.

They were relieved and thankful when they heard the news that an officer had reopened her case but this time they didn't have much hope. They spent the next five years trying to let go and accept the fact that their daughter was dead until that morning when everyone in New York saw the news. The missing girl had appeared at a gas station, followed by a tall and fragile guy that seemed to have too little muscle on his body. The security film showed them both walking around, grabbing a few snacks and then left without causing the manager any problem. The media went wild, hope in bringing the missing child back home skyrocketed and the curious citizens of New York all began to ask questions on what the officers next move was.

"This is where the store manager said he saw them come out from. Looks familiar?"

"I already told you I wasn't involved with the mafia. All I did was deliver messages."

"Messages? You delivered messages?" She stopped dead in her tracks, turning around to see a regretful expression planted on his face. He had messed up, accidentally slipped a few words that could either get him out of jail or make it worse. "Does that mean you know where their base is at?"

"No. It doesn't. I delivered their messages in alleys."

"Then take me there then."

"You don't understand. What if they see us? What if they see me! They'll know that the police are after them again." Feitan complained as he followed her out of the car.

"They already know that!" She threw her hands in the air, frustrated that every conversation they had led to an argument. "everyone in this city knows that we're looking for this missing kid. I wouldn't be surprised if these criminals find us before we find them."

"Can you not jinx us?" He gave her a nervous chuckle, pushing her forward towards the gas station. "Why not question the store manager who saw them walking across the street and even walked in his store."

"Fine. Just so you know, dozens of other detectives before us have already asked him the same questions everyone has been wondering."

"And that is?" He asked he opened the door for her. She only gave him forced smile, walking over to the manager who seemed to be pacing around his empty store, waiting for new customers that didn't involve the police. Except right when he saw (y/n) and Feitan he slouched, already knowing where this was going.