16

Feitan jolted awake when she slammed a map onto the table. He groaned, stretching his arms as she continued to ramble on. Not a single word was understood, everything went in and out his ears.

"Hey," she finally hit his arm and he looked up at her. "I need you to go to this place and figure out if they have another under ground club. The old man that I used to be friends with had dozens of clubs hidden across the city."

"I know." He sighed tiredly.

"Good, then you won't have any trouble finding it yourself." She stood up from her chair and snatched her coat off the table. Feitan drew his brows together and chuckled in disbelief.

"Wait, I'm going alone? Where are you going?" He chased after her.

"We won't find her if we keep searching together, let's split up and meet back here at the hotel." She waved him off and was gone before he could even utter another word. Feitan scoffed in disbelief, he looked back down at the map and then crumbled it into a ball. He stormed out of the room, barely catching her outside of the hotel.

"You're insane if you think I'm leaving you alone." He grabbed her wrist and pulled her out of the cab. The driver only eyed them from the front but stayed quiet. "Especially after last night. Someone definitely saw you."

"No one saw me." She waved her clean hands and then hid them in her coats pockets. "I had them hidden the entire time."

"You didn't tell me what happened in there."

"The driver is getting impatient." She nodded to the man in the front seat. The driver sighed and put his car on park knowing this wouldn't be a quick chat. They both ignored him anyway.

"I just don't understand how you were so obsessed with me being by your side and now you're throwing me away."

"I think it's the other way." She teased.

"I'm being serious."

Her smile faltered and she closed the door shut. The taxi man didn't wait for her any longer and drove off to the next customer.

"I'll be honest with you," she fixed her eyes on her hands and readjusted her gloves.

"Please do." He rolled his eyes.

"I don't need you anymore." Every word felt like a punch to the gut. His fingers slipped off her arm and he drew his brows together. Surely he had heard her wrong. "I found the girl and I'm going to bring her back home."

"Then what's the point of this?" He handed her the crumbled map.

"To keep you busy."

He chuckled. "I'm not some dog that needs to be kept busy. You could've just told me the truth from the start and I would've stayed at the hotel instead."

"No, I didn't mean it like that." She leaned in closer as if someone nearby was listening to them. "The only way to get you out of that jail is to keep you busy here."

He shook his head. "No, there's definitely more going on here and you're not telling me."

"You're a criminal," she bluntly responded. "I don't have to tell you anything if I don't want to. Go back to the hotel."