15

"Stay still!" She shouted at him.

"How am I supposed to stay still when you're stabbing me with a knife!" He fought back and when he couldn't handle the pain any longer he shoved her away. He groaned in pain, falling back on the bed. "Shit! This fucking hurts!"

She sighed and pressed the rag against his neck. "I have to take out the capsule. If they find out you're gone then they're going to set it off, you'll be poisoned in seconds!"

"That sounds a lot better than getting stabbed." He muttered under his breath as he turned his back towards her.

"Just hold on a little longer." She squeezed his arm.

He frowned but sat up anyway. He held a fist full of his bedsheets and held his breath. Pure pain for the next five minutes but when she finally managed to get it out he was surprised to see a capsule smaller than a penny.

"There, one less thing to worry about." She smiled as she cleaned his neck. He didn't say anything, he was more focused on the white capsule.

"Does everyone back at the prison have this?"

"You're the first."

"Then how come you have a scar on your neck as well?"

"Ah," she flushed red and covered the scar with her hand. "How did you notice that? It's from my cat." She laughed. "You're the first out of everyone in that prison to even leave. Most of them end up dying in their cells, consider yourself lucky."

"Lucky is the last thing I'd ever call myself." He scoffed. He pulled the rag away from her and cleaned himself up.

Morning would arrive soon. The room was painted blue from the sky, it wasn't morning but it wasn't night either. Everyone was still asleep, others were just waking up. It was like time had stopped for him, he could finally catch his breath. He looked up at
(y/n), she was still too busy cleaning her hands to even notice his stares.

She didn't look well. She didn't look like she had been sleeping either.

"We'll find her by the end of the week." He broke the silence.

A smile tugged on her lips. "You being positive is the strangest thing ever."

"Whatever." He scoffed and then fell back on his bed. "I'm going back to sleep."

"I wish we could do that but-"

"I'm being serious." He threw the blankets over his head. "Who's going to stop us anyway? You took the capsule out of my neck, no one's in danger and you have an empty bed. Get some rest."

She stared at his back. Not even a minute had passed and he had already fallen asleep.

Alright. Relax. I can do that. She slowly sat down on her bed and pulled her feet under the covers. First she stared at the window and then the clock across the room. She found herself staring at her television and when she couldn't get the pillows to be any softer than they already were she paced around the room. I definitely can't relax.

***

"How did you end up finding this place?"

"It used to be another bar that had a fight every weekend. The owner and I were friends so he'd call for me to go help him kick out customers who were rude to the servers." She squeezed through the window and nearly fell when her feet tripped over a broken chair. Feitan only followed behind in silence. Not that he had a choice anyway.

It was earlier than usual and after a day of sleeping in the detective finally dragged him out of their room and pulled him back into the job.

"There's no one here." He grumbled, still exhausted from sleeping too much. He had a headache lingering in the back of his head and his bed still ached for him to come back.