-10-

"I can't believe you didn't tell us you two were engaged!" Her cousin screamed as she inspected the glowing diamond on her finger. Then she looked over at her aunt and then back to (y/n). "Seriously, why didn't you tell us? Are you sure you want to marry (b/f)?"

"Because this happened a few days ago." She snatched her hand away. "And of course I do, otherwise I would've said no."

Her aunt gave her a discouraging look but smiled anyway. She hugged her niece and gave her a pat on the back as she walked her out of the kitchen and out to the party.

"Don't listen to her. What she meant is that these past few months you've been ranting off to us about how (b/f) has been feeling a little unstable because of work and it's weird that you said yes to him after making it clear to us that you were going to break things off with him." Her aunt then stopped and the three of them watched as her fiancé chugged whatever was left of the wine bottle, his friends happily encouraged him to continue on even though they knew that tomorrow morning her boyfriend would be hunched over a toilet bowl for hours. "Are you sure you want to do this?"

No. "I would have said no."

"We know how you act under pressure." Her cousin sneered from behind. "You couldn't get yourself to say no and now you're in this mess. Call the wedding off before it's too late."

(Y/n) glared at her, wondering why they were having this conversation at a New Years Eve party. She was supposed to be celebrating with her future husband for the new year and new experiences that would be heading towards them. Instead she finished the rest of her drink and handed it over to her snobby cousin.

"I'll bring more beer since obviously we won't have enough for everyone." She nodded over to him.

"You're leaving to get more beer?"

"Oh please, he's going to be out in a few seconds after that stunt."

"It'll be quick, I promise!" (Y/n) laughed.

"Well if you're leaving then so are we. We're not staying here with him, we'll come by tomorrow to see how he's doing." Her aunt smiled, waving her goodbyes as she pulled her niece along with her. Which was fine. One less thing to worry about.

That gave her the chance and she took this as a sign as well.

It wasn't her fault. (Y/n) told herself as she swiped her card, opening the door to the hallway that kept the most wanted criminals locked up behind a couple of steel bars. She's surprised that none of them have managed to find a way out considering how most of the night duty guards are asleep in their own office.

Anyway, she actually meant to drive straight and back to the gas station but her hand slipped and somehow she made a right turn to the lonely department. She was just curious of how Feitan was doing and as the greatest partner ever she wanted to check up on him.

Her heels clicked against the tiled floor, echoing through the silent hallway. One by one the criminals peeked out of the darkness and when they caught glimpse of her the attention began to grow.

"Look at this hot babe!" One of them whistled, pulling his roommate along. "Please tell me you're our new night guard, I'll gladly do anything you tell me sweetie!"

Their laughter brought the attention of others and their peaceful night was suddenly disrupted as a few began to whistle and try to catch her attention, all wondering who she was here for. Until they began to realize who she was here for.