𝟐𝟓. 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭

-click full pick-

today is halloween. i get up from my bed and ate a funny skeleton shaped waffle my mom made me. after that, i brushed my teeth and got dressed in my costume: theodore from alvin and the chipmunks.

i got in my car and drove to xolo's house where everyone else was. when i got there, i saw everyone in their costumes except for mary cause she was running late.

hannah and i were alvin and theodore and we needed mary to come hurry up so our costume can be complete with all the chipmunks.

in the meantime, i went around the room seeing everyone's costumes.

gianni was dwight schrute, xolo was daniel from the karate kid, tanner was a skeleton, and jacob was 'where's waldo.'

"aww look at you," i told jacob playing with his red and white beanie, "the costume's so cute."

he laughed and blushed a little.

"thank you, yours is too," he said with a smile touching my chipmunk ears.

jacob and i walked around the rest of the house looking at the beautiful halloween decorations put up in xolo's home.

finally, mary got here. everyone was relieved when they saw her because she had all the food with her.

"where were you theodore?"

"i thought micheal myers killed you or something."

"if you hadn't come in the next five minutes i was actually gonna turn into a skeleton."

"oh my gosh finally!"

"relax guys i was only an hour late," mary laughed.

"yeah. AN HOUR," xolo yelled.

"i was gonna die of starvation!," gianni said.

"oh i can just put this food back in the car  and drive away," mary said teasingly pointing to her car.

"NO NO NO NO NO," everyone yelled.

mary laughed and we all helped her place the food on the table while eating little bits and pieces of it at the same time.

she brought pizza and a bunch of drinks and halloween themed treats. there were jack skellington oreo cake pops, strawberries with frankenstien, mummy, bat,  and jack o lantern designs on them, and a bunch more treats.

we devoured almost everything and planned on finishing the rest later when watching a movie.

hannah, mary, and i took many pictures together in our group costume while the boys decided on a horror movie.

they decided to play the conjuring and we all walked up the stairs to xolo's room to watch it.

xolo, hannah, and mary sat on xolo's bed and jacob, gianni, tanner, and i sat on this little comfy couch.

while watching the movie we finished mary's snacks and treats she brought while eating buttered popcorn with it too.

jacob and i decided to share our popcorn but unfortunately, most of it spilled due to tanner trying to scare everyone by jumping and screaming trying to get us to think that the movie possessed him. he was right next to us. but good news is that the popcorn was in jacob's hands at the time so it spilled on him and not me. haha. oh and plus, no one fell for it. he does things like this all the time.

after the movie, we turned off the lights and read scary stories from our phones. some of them were stupid but most of them were actually scary.

for example, a dumb story that was told was said by gianni. he couldn't find any good ones on short notice so he found this childrens story one that was about an evil santa claus who tortured children when they were naughty or something.

after that, we went trick-or-treating after convincing jacob and xolo that it's not just for kids and that we're not gonna look like idiots out there.

we went and, as expected, we were the only teens/adults there. yeah we did look kinda odd but all the candy is worth it.

mary and i walked over to a house because this house had super cool halloween decorations.

"trick or treat," we said with our pillowcases open.

"aren't y'all a little too old to be trick or treating?," said the cabbage patch doll looking old lady to us.

"no..?," i said.

"trick or treat," mary said with a tone in her voice this time.

"hmmm," the lady said, "sorry yall but i'm gonna give this candy to the kids guys. you guys look a little too old to still be out here trick or treating... shouldn't y'all be at like a college frat halloween party or something??"

"uh -," mary started.

"what the -," i said.

we walked back to the others and told them all.

we all agreed to tell people that the lady only gave out toothbrushes and pencils and it worked. her house started getting low attendance and it was kinda sad but ya know.. revenge.

after trick-or-treating, we drove back to xolo's house and ate all our candy. yeah we did feel a little sick after all the sweets and stuff but it was delicious.

finally, at the end of the day when jacob was driving me back to my house, we quickly stopped by that one lady's house and teepeed it.

"c'mon," he said stopping his car, "quick."

"what are we doing?," i asked confused.

he held up four toilet paper rolls.

"teepeeing the lady's house," he said smiling.

"how'd you get all these rolls??," i asked.

"my parents made me run to target and grab a couple things for the house there," he told me.

we quietly got out the car and started teepeeing.

"you get that tree and i get this one," i whispered.

we were enjoying our little revenge thing until a dog started barking. the dog was barking at us from their gate.

i looked at jacob and widened my eyes asking him what to do.

he did this little thing with his hands signifying to keep going and so i did.

"what are you barking at buddy?!," we heard the lady yell from inside the house.

jacob and i hid behind a bush together and he squeezed my hand tightly.

"dave i'm gonna go outside and see what he's barking at," we heard.

"go go go," he whispered.

we started fast walking and didn't get caught.

"oh my goodness gracious dave look what some lunatics did to our beautiful home!," we heard.

fortunately, we didn't get caught and drove away laughingat what the lady said. it was quite a fun day if you ask me.