Part 2

I groaned, everything hurt, arms, legs, wings, head, yup everything. At least I didn't die, that was a plus in my book. I then shot straight up as the memories from the previous night came back to me, or was it days? Hours?

I blinked my eyes several times, trying to see, but it was dark, maybe I hadn't slept for long, or maybe I had slept too long into the next night maybe? The room I was in as far as I could tell was bare except for the bed I was on, it only had a fitted sheet on it and no blanket. There was a window, there was also a door with faint light and hurried noises of people coming from under it.

My mind raced trying to think of what to do, no one had ever actually managed to catch me before. I started to quiet my breathing as I got up and off the bed careful to make no sound as I approached the door with the light.

 Once I got close enough I tried peering through the crack to see what was happening outside. White-coated individuals were dashing too-and-fro outside the door all carrying clipboards and supplies. I immediately backed away and went towards the window, it was my best bet.

 It didn't look like it could open, so I took a couple paces back and steadied myself bracing for impact then running forward I smashed through the window and spread my wings as I fell catching the air and soaring upwards into the night.

Fuck, I thought internally, as my wing that I had landed on the night previous gave way in the air. I began spiraling downward, but I suppose an aspect of my hybrid abilities came into play just then, feather falling. It would reduce my fall but it still wouldn't be pleasant. When I landed it was in an abandoned street, great, but at least no one was there to see me.

A breeze had picked up and it felt nice as it combed through my hair and feathers. I looked around for somewhere good to hide, I knew they were gonna look for me, whomever that was. So taking great care I found a bridge with an alcove under it just big enough to squeeze into, and I fell asleep hoping my hiding spot would be good enough.

—————timeskip :)—————-

I awoke to footsteps below me, taking great care I peered over the edge to see three men and a Piglin hybrid conversing quite loudly and they walked.

"Why would you put him in a room with windows, gods above are you really so daft?!" The Piglin asked the leader of the three men.

"Sir, with all due respect you didn't tell us his hybrid abilities," the leader stammered.

"I TOLD YOU HE WAS PHIL'S SON! WAS THAT NOT ENOUGH?" The Piglin almost roared back.

The leader was quiet as they continued walking away. I took a few moments to myself after wondering if it was me who they were talking about, but I was no one's son. My father had hated me and so had my mother, hence why I had run away. I renounced them the moment I knew how to. 

Taking a deep breath, I leapt down from the alcove I had slept in. I would need to change my clothes, maybe dye my feathers and hair? Yeah, just for good record, for now I pulled up my hood getting ready to make my first attempt at robbery in a while.

———-—-another timeskip —————

Alright so, so far I had gotten the hair dye, a shirt, pants and new shoes but I had yet to find any feather dye. They had all been easy to get and no one had noticed me taking them but the feather dye, people would notice, people would care, because not just anyone steals feather dye. I decided to wait until evening just before the little shop that sold the stuff closed.

Sneaking up to it I closed my eyes breathing, just get in and then out, you'll be fine. I could do this, I can do this, reopening my eyes I darted into the little store, there, there it was, black feather dye. I had also chosen black hair dye earlier so if I got that one they would go along together just great. My wings were white, so it would work splendidly to cover them up.

 Darting forward I grabbed it pretending to read the writing on the box before looking at the clerk at the counter who was asleep, before slipping out of the store. Then going to a public bathroom and checking that no one was inside I locked the door and began the process of my transition.

 First my hair, then my wings, then the new clothes, and looking in the mirror I honestly looked like a completely different person. I took my old clothes and buried them in one of the trash bins before unlocking the door and walking out. 

I closed my eyes, breathing out a sigh of relief as I walked, then a sharp breath in as I accidentally bumped into something, or someone?

It was the Piglin-hybrid from before.

"Sorry!" I literally squeaked out before going around him.

"Wait!" He called out. I turned around expecting him to try and grab me but he stayed, "have you seen a blonde kid with white wings walking around in these parts?"

"Nope," I replied, with more ease this time.

He huffed and continued on his way, and I turned into an alley and held myself for a minute, that was close. 

Hot tears rolled down my face and I began to feel cold rain hit my back as I lay curled against the wall, I didn't care though. My wing ached in pain I had hidden it under the coat I had stolen earlier but now standing still with all the adrenaline gone out of me I felt like I wanted nothing more than to be warm and safe away from this cold dark world. Nothing really mattered to me at that moment, I didn't really care about what happened to me anymore I think.

I let out a sorrowful birdish cry letting myself fall to my knees in that alleyway, I think that was my first mistake. I twisted suddenly and stood up as I heard footsteps behind me, it was the guitar guy, he held up a little device and pointed it at me. I felt a prick in my neck and I began to sway and then fell over. I felt him lift me gently in his arms, I had been shivering I think because he covered me in his cloak, tears still rolling down my face silently as I stared off blankly. 

I don't really remember what happened next, but I was in a different room when I came out of my sort of blank tranquilized state. No window but at least there was a blanket, there was also a different door that looked a lot heavier and stronger. I sighed and took the blanket wrapping it tightly around me before falling into an uneasy sleep.

* I promise I'm not dead yet, sorry I forgot to write :P *