Part 8

When I reached the top of the roof I found it was inhabited by a group of mischievous looking crows. I crouched in a corner far away from the murder (I kid you not that's what a group of crows is called) as I could physically be without falling off the roof, their caws almost seeming to be taunting me.

To be honest I hadn't thought this far ahead in my planning, how would I escape now? Surely they'd search the roof? I could tell I only had a few more hours of darkness before sunrise, my only option was to fly. I looked at my injured wing, sighing and began undoing the bandages that had held the splint together. Once they had all come off I breathed in stretching my wing out. It felt normal? 

It felt like it had before I had landed on it so harshly, though a little sore, it would do for an escape. Whatever that pink haired lady had done to it had worked, I would have to remind myself to thank her later. When I got home, if I got home. 

Home, when did it become home? I shook myself, my home was back on the streets, pickpocketing and thieving, I didn't need anyone, all those people at their fancy base had ever brought me, was trouble. I felt vulnerable around them and I couldn't let that happen again.

Taking a few deep breaths, I spread my wings, took a running start and jumped off the roof.

<sbi hq third person POV>

It had been at least four days since Dream had taken Tommy, and everyone was a mess, especially Wilbur and Techno. Neither of them had slept much, and they hadn't been eating a lot either, though Wilbur being an Android himself rarely ate normally.

 Phil was hysterical, he had placed several bounties on Dream's head, dead or alive, and gobbled up any scrap of information he could get on his boy. He, in this time, had also taken it upon himself to learn the language his little Theseus spoke so they could better communicate. Though only having started two days ago he had been making significant progress with Technoblade's help. He had even sent out his crows to skower the sky's and the land for his son, when he received a letter, or in more colloquial words, a ransom letter.

It was from a new and upcoming city-state called Las Nevadas, specifically from their triad of leaders, Karl, Sapnap, and Quackity. They requested that in exchange for Tommy he must give them Technoblade. Techno's relations with the leaders, specifically Quackity, had always been less than calm, and Quackity, it seemed and a thirst for vengeance. He would speak with Techno, he knew Theseus well enough and he knew he was crafty enough to be able to escape but they couldn't take the chance, and then be so horribly wrong. Phil would wait a day before sending a reply, then if he had received no new news that might mean his child's escape, he would speak with Techno.

<switching back to Tommy POV>

The moment I dove off the roof I began to climb in height so that I was far above the city below me. I circled above the city for a while, taking small breaks on lower rooftops, trying to decide where to go before finally landing on top of one of the taller buildings there. Sighing I looked over the city with its bright lights and bustling streets, it was almost scenic in a way. 

However my rest was interrupted by the screeching cry of a crow, I swear they must live everywhere around here. Every time I had landed the crows had either followed me or were already there, annoying. Whenever I stopped on a rooftop they'd crowd around me nipping at my ankles until I took flight again, which was less than ideal when trying to think or rest.

The murder began landing around me once again, the sun beginning to rise, I had to go before I was spotted. I unfolded my wings and again took flight, deciding to fly away from the sun. I would go this way for as long as it took to get out of this place. The murder began following me again, but I didn't have time to deal with them at the moment. I pumped my wings as hard as I could trying to gain as much altitude as possible. The crows followed almost leisurely as I fought with the sky.

Once I felt I was high enough I looked down, seeing that I was over a vast desert, and looking behind me was Las Nevadas, and ahead of me, vast desert with a faint mountain range in the distance behind it. I was high enough in the sky that it was getting incredibly cold but I could bear it.

I felt a crow nip at my feathers on my right wing causing me to swerve left and fall a couple feet. I regained my height but I couldn't figure out which direction I was supposed to go as I had lost my heading. I tried flying straight from there on but I felt another of the murder nip at my left wing and again I fell, not as much as last time but I had turned more right. It was almost as if the crows were leading me somewhere, but just then another crow nipped me in the back. 

Yeah no, probably not leading, I took a deep breath and tucked my wings in, allowing myself to nosedive down faster than anything ever regularly fell. I heard squawks of alarm behind me as I free fell, then at the last second before I would've hit the ground I pulled up, fast. I shot low across the dunes, faster than I had ever flown before, I had lost the murder behind me, surely. I began to tilt my wings so I could gain more altitude when the murder flew up underneath me causing me to roll midair and before I knew it the crows had surrounded me on all sides as I flew.

 I tried to gain altitude but felt sharp beaks poke me down back into place. I trilled my protest in that birdish way of mine as I tried to roll out of the formation but again they surrounded me. I could hardly even see where I was going. The mass of wings was too thick to look through other than a few glimpses, I knew we were close to the mountains, they looked ominous in the distance as dark clouds hovered around them. They were definitely guiding me somewhere.

We had been flying for a while and when it was almost sunset, I was beginning to feel the after effects of staying up most of the night and faltered and was having a hard time regaining my fallen height, it taking much longer than usual. Suddenly the crows then began herding me downwards, dispersing as we got closer until I had to land suddenly in the branches of a large tree that grew out of the side of the mountain among many others.

 I found a nice crook in the tree that held me and I puffed out my feathers as my wings folded into me. Once I had finally settled I felt crows gather around me all puffing up and settling in themselves. I didn't protest because it was warm and it was getting cold on the mountain side as the sun fell.

 I was glad they had stayed with me no matter how annoying they were, but I didn't know where they were leading me, I hoped I'd be alright.