Part 5

The next few days were less than amazing, with the green man with the bucket hat coming in each morning and speaking to me in that other language while I hissed insults from my fortifications under the bed. 

He was persistent, I'd give him that, but it was getting annoying, he brought food with him and usually left it after trying to get me to come out when I refused. I didn't really eat or drink much ever, there was always much more food than I could dream of ever eating.

After about three days had elapsed in this manner, when a guy with a green hoodie and an ominous smile mask entered the room. The green man with the bucket hat had already come and gone that day. So who was this? He looked lost, almost looking for something. 

I don't think he even knew I was there, as he sat on top of the bed sighing. I chuckled internally about the scare I was gonna give this man. Then suddenly I grabbed one of his ankles with my hands, he leapt off the bed shrieking as I buried myself back under my nest-pile leaving me a slit to watch the man through. It was entertaining to watch but I could tell he could see the reflections of my eyes under the bed.

He called out something in the same language the bucket hat man had used. I hissed in return knowing whatever language I spoke he couldn't understand but he could understand my warning. Which is why I was surprised when he leapt forward and grabbed my blanket nest pulling it and me out effectively trapping me within it. I squawked in shock before I was pulled out of the pile by my wrist, which seemed rather humiliating. 

To say he was surprised was a bit of an understatement. He nearly dropped me but caught me before I could touch the floor. I flared up my one good wing trying to use it to unbalance him as he held me up by my wrist. He then let me fall as he fell to the side having been unprepared for my movement. I landed on my feet and ran straight out the door as fast as I could. I knew he was chasing me, as I turned a corner and saw him hot on my tail. 

The sea of Androids closed around me as I ran in the direction of the garden place but before I got there I saw the guitar man. I leapt onto his back not thinking, only fear motivated, I clung to him like my life depended on it which very well might've. He turned around as the masked man strode up behind him aiming to grab me I supposed. I took a peek over his shoulder and saw the smiley mask man begin to cower. I buried my face into his jacket as I clung on, knowing I would be safe if I stayed there.

"Hold on kid!" The guitar man whispered, but he didn't need to tell me twice. He began to pursue the smiley man as he ran, with me clinging to his back, we chased him for some time till we reached a dead end cornering him, there were no androids here, just the smiley man, the guitar man and myself. 

Then guitar guy leapt forward and grabbed Smiley's hands in a way that detained him so he couldn't fight back. Then with one hand still holding Smiley captive, he drew his other hand into his pocket and pulled out a small dart and uncapped its tip with his teeth before stabbing it into Smiley's arm. I slid off his back and stumbled, crying out as my bad wing touched the floor.

The Guitar guy looked at me strangely then saying, "Why don't you hop back on, I can take you to the infirmary and get the wing of yours looked at."

"Okay," I said.

"By the way I don't think you mentioned your name," he commented as I hoped back on his back.

"It's Tommy, what's yours?"

"Wilbur."

"Wilby?" I asked, not hearing him fully.

He chuckled, "Sure kid."

Wilby then picked up the unconscious man with me still on his back. And walked for a little while until we reached a large opening that had the words "guard house" above it.