Cut and Run

The ship continues to fly through hyperspace. Inside, Jade and Echo watch Omega, Y/N, and Wrecker sleep. Hunter walks up, surprised at what the two are looking at.

"Well, this is a first." Hunter sighs.

Omega is out cold, sleeping against a droid while Y/N is curled up on Wrecker's lap, hugging his arm while he leans against the wall, Sapphire on Y/N's chest.

Echo explains, "Inspecting every corner of the ship finally tired her out."

"Wrecker and Y/N too, apparently." Jade snickers.

Hunter frowns, "Yeah, she's curious. I'll give her that."

Jade shrugs, "She's young. Kids are always curious."

Echo sighs, "Hunter. She's a child. What are we gonna do with her?"

"Maybe, and this is just a thought, but how about you adopt her?" Jade smirks.

Hunter and Echo stare at the female in shock.

"We are coming up on Saleucami." Tech announces.

Jade smiles, "Yay! We get to meet your friends! You two wake the sleepy trio. I'm getting out of the armour." skipping towards the bridge.

***

As the ship lands, Omega, Y/N, and Wrecker finally awaken. The group grabs their gear and prepares to leave the ship. Y/N smiles as the ship's door opens, stepping out onto the dirt, breathing in. Sapphire sits on her shoulder, chirping happily.

"Ah, fresh air. Not frozen or covered by rainwater. It's good to smell this one again." Y/N whispers.

Sapphire chirps, gliding down to the dirt, fluffing up her feathers. Y/N goes to continue walking when Jade hugs her. Y/N raises her eyebrow. Jade's now in a black shirt with the words, "My favourite sister bought me this shirt" printed on the front in English and some denim shorts. The boys can't read it because it's not in Aurobesh.

"Sorry for throwing you on Kamino... twice." Jade apologises.

Y/N chuckles, "Water under the bridge."

The group suddenly stops, noticing Omega not walking on.

"What's with her?" Wrecker asks.

Y/N replies, "It's her first time off-world. She's taking it all in."

Omega inhales, then lets out the breath. She kneels down on the ground and picks up some dirt, letting it seep through her fingers back onto the ground.

"Whoa... what is this?" Omega asks.

Tech replies, "That would be dirt."

Omega drops the rest of it and smiles, "It's amazing."

She kicks up some dirt, laughing a little before she walks back towards the group.

"Just don't eat it like I did when I was four." Jade warns.

Everyone looks at the teen, confused and disgusted looks facing her as Sapphire flies onto her arm, climbing back up onto her shoulder.

"I'm not defending my past actions. I was a dumb kid." Jade smirks.

Suddenly, thunder is heard. Hunter and Y/N look towards the sky for a moment, seeing some storm clouds forming.

"Come on, let's get moving." Hunter orders.

***

Y/N yawns, covering her mouth with her left hand as the group walks through a field of what looks like mushroom dandelions(That's what I saw. You try to describe those plants!). She didn't have a very good sleep. Omega continues to stare in wonder at the plants and animals as she walks.