Innocence is the new guilty- Essay

When I woke up the next morning, I was reminded of the previous day's events: the damaged microwave of the old lady. According to her I repaired the wiring, but after the fourth use she will be shocked to death. 

Intending to retrieve the newspaper, Ealdwine Braddock made his way toward me once I stepped outside. He carried news about Allura Kunastone's death. Miss Kunastone found her mother's corpse when she came by for a visit the day before. 

Pretending to be aghast and interested, I asked how she died. "They are still determining that, but she was too healthy to have passed due to a seizure or stroke,"  my neighbor told me. 

"You know the famous detective Bartone? She is on this case, actually; she doesn't think it was an accident."

Braddock hands me a folded paper with all his relevant information that I am supposed to pass to Bartone when she pays the neighbors a visit the following day. I forced a smile and crumpled the paper when he left. 

The doorbell rang the next night. The detective stood before me with bluebell eyes peering at me from under her fringe. She invited herself in with long strides, her ginger ponytail swaying side to side and her dark trousers hugging her curvy waist. She started talking about the weather as though I'm the weather forecaster until I pried the reason for her visit. 

She then cut straight to business, asking whether I knew Allura Kunastone. "Well, I've fixed some wiring in her house before, she took quite the liking toward me. So I took her on a date once and we hit it off well."

She further asked me if I knew about Mr. Kunastone, to which I denied that I did. Despite the fact that Allura and I were never involved, I came up with a few aspects when Bartone asked about her. I pretend I didn't know about her passing. 

"Oh. I'm sorry to have told you this way." I listened intently as she shared information while I concocted all the lies I got to tell in this enthusiastic murder mystery. 

"It appears as though Mrs. Kunastone was electrocuted due to bad insulation."

One week later, at Mr. Kunastone's court hearing, he of course denied all evidence pointing to him. Detective Bartone covered the information I've already been told, then later whispered something to the lawyer defending Mr. Kunastone. 

"Mr. Wyot Monetf, can you prove your supposed dinner with Mrs. Kunastone?" The lawyer questioned me. 

I pulled out a fake receipt, complete with all details of that dinner. After that, they pleaded Mr. Kunastone guilty and sent him to jail while I walked free.