D-12

Your P.O.V.

I pleaded for Lia to let me stay for a while at her place. I badly wanted to escape here.

The rest of the day, my phone rang nonstop. But I ignored it. I didn't really care if Chaewon was worried or not, or if she cared. All I wanted was to get away.

"Call me when something happens." Lia told me as she parked at the front of our apartment.

It was already morning and I just slept one night over at her house. She was also worried since no one was really looking after me, since I was sick.

I just nodded and got out of her car. Before I can get away, she called me again.

"Aren't you supposed to go to the doctor and check in or something?" she asked.

I laughed and just shook my head.

"Lia, I'm dying anyways. No need for that." I replied and chuckled while she rolled her eyes at me.

As her car went away, I sighed and tiredly went inside the apartment. When I went in, I saw her pacing back and forth at the living room.

When our eyes met, I stood frozen for a while, expecting her to get angry at me for not answering her calls or telling her my whereabouts.

But what shocked me, was that she didn't. She rushed to me and engulfed me in a hug.

"Thank God you're fine." she sighed against my shoulder.

I mentally rolled my eyes at how she was acting, like an innocent girlfriend who's concerned about where I was.

"Where have you been?" she asked, letting go of me and looking into my eyes with worry.

"None of your business." I blankly replied and walked away to go to the bathroom and take a bath.

"Seriously?! I took a leave from work because of you, and when I went home you weren't here. And now, you're answering me like this?!" she forcefully grabbed my arm and made me face her.

"No. You took a leave because Lia told you to, not because of me." I gritted.

"So what? Am I the bad girlfriend now?! Just because I'm busy for work?!" she scoffed.

"No, you're too busy at work. I don't even know if it's work you're doing." I shrugged and turned away, but stopped when she talked back.

"What does that mean?!" she yelled.

She gave me a confused and upset look while I just stood there, crossing my arms.

I was still trying to find the words on how to tell her what I saw.

"I caught you cheating with someone else." I stated.

It was silent as we stared at each other for almost a minute. I can feel the tension between us getting thicker as each second passed by.

"Wha--how can you even say that?! Do you have proo--"

"I saw you kissing another woman the other day, Chae. You don't have to lie in front of my face!" I claimed.

She exhaled deeply and frustratingly brushed a hand through her hair.

"Alright, fine! But don't act like you weren't cheating as well." she taunted while pointing a finger at me.

I raised an eyebrow and sarcastically laughed at her. A heavy feeling came back in my chest as I took in her confession.

"Me? Cheating? I could never do that to you, Chae." I spoke with venom in my words.