D-7

Your P.O.V.

Time went by painfully slow, yet so fast. It feels like pain slows down time, and yet today, it feels like I'm getting nearer to death.

I can feel my body getting weaker everytime. And the meds that I was taking, the doctor said that these would help kill the pain and to give nutrients for my body to hold up. But since I didn't want to have a chemotherapy, my cancer didn't slow down.

It was progressing, every second that passed by. It felt so surreal, and I still can't believe that I can count down the remaining days I have left to live.

At first, they were angry. They were forcing and talking me into taking that damn therapy, but it didn't matter to me. I didn't really feel like living anymore. When I gave up my relationship with Chaewon, it's like my will to live also left me.

But of course I can't tell them that. They would end up saying the truth to her just so that she could talk to me, and somehow make me agree to take chemotherapy.

After I told Chaewon yesterday that I still loved her, she pleaded for me to come back to her. Heck, she said she was coming to see me wherever I was. So I immediately ended the call.

I can't see her. She can't see me like this, no. She must not know about my condition. I can't handle that.

"Y/n, what do you want to do? Where do you want to go?" my dad asked me.

They all slept here last night. Even Lia. Wonyoung wanted to stay too, but I forced her to go home.

"I'll take you anywhere." Lia offered.

I appreciate what they're doing, really. They held themselves back from crying, and they would act normal around me, like I wasn't a sick person. Although, I would still see how they pitied me through their eyes. But I understand.

"It's okay." I declined.

I wanted to do a lot of things, and go to a lot of places. But all those bucket lists that I have, they were all supposed to be with Chaewon. Now, how can I achieve them alone? I can't possibly do them while being sad, thinking about her.

"You want her back, don't you?" Hana guessed.

I gave her a glare, but it soon faltered. As much as I hate to admit, she's all I can think about. How I would miss her when I'm gone, or how she would react when she finds out.

"No. There's no way I'm getting back with her." I mumbled.

"Good. Because I don't want her to ruin you more." my dad sternly stated.

"But I think that she still cares about you, too. The last time when she sent me to school I--" I cut Chaemin off with a look, signaling her to shut up because they weren't supposed to know that Chaewon went to see me again.

"What? When did she send you to school?" Lia asked.

"Nothing. I mean, I just feel that she still loves Y/n. And since you both still love each other, why don't you at least patch things up properly?" Chaemin suggested.

"I agree. She deserves to know about your condition too, you know." Hana added.

Maybe they're right. I mean, she probably wouldn't try to call and contact me if she didn't care, right? Or maybe I was just really looking for hope that she still loves me.

Meanwhile....

Wonyoung's P.O.V.

I heard everything. I came to visit Y/n again today, and as I was about to knock on the door, I heard them talking.

"Nothing. I mean, I just feel that she still loves Y/n. And since you both still love each other, why don't you at least patch things up properly?"

I clenched my jaw as I processed what they were talking about.

"I agree. She deserves to know about your condition too, you know."

I hate this. There's this feeling inside that tells me what I should do, and how I should feel.

Everything sucks. I was angry at Chaewon for hurting the person most precious to me. And even though I love Y/n, I also can't help but hate her because she still loves Chaewon, even after what she's done to her.

But most especially, I hate myself. Here I am, standing at the door, not even daring to knock and fight for someone I truly cared about. I wasted my chances, and yet, I'm about to do something so stupid that I'll probably regret it.

But as long as she's happy, then nothing else matters. Even if it hurts me.

"What do you want?"

As soon as she greeted me, my insides boiled in anger. Was this really worth it?

"I have something to tell you." I told her.

"Aside from how you stole Y/n from me, I don't know what else we need to--"

She didn't get to finish her statement as I landed a punch on her cheek.

I can't hold myself back anymore. I sacrificed my own feelings just to make Y/n happy, and this jerk right here can't even appreciate this.

"What the fvck Wonyoung?!" she shouted while caressing her face.

"That was for not appreciating my sacrifices." I growled.

"Sacrifices? What the--"

I cut her off again as I threw another punch at her.

"And that is for hurting Y/n." I said with gritted teeth.

If looks could kill, we both would be dead by now. I was still fuming in anger as she only glared at me while holding her cheek. It was now forming a bruise.

"If you don't get your shit together and listen to what important thing I have to say, you will regret it." I taunted at her.

"Speak." she hissed.

I breathed deeply and massaged my temple to try and calm myself down before breaking the news to her.

"This will be hard to believe, and hard to bear. So--"

"Go straight to the point." she lowly muttered.

I rolled my eyes and exhaled once again, trying to think of the appropriate words.

"Y/n is dying."

We only stared at each other for almost a minute. Until she laughed. She fvcking laughed.

"Do you want another taste of my fist? What's so funny about that?" I stepped closer to her and threatened to take action again.

"Okay, I have to admit. I felt like dying too ever since we broke up. I want her back, and I will do anything to have her back." her expression instantly turned into a serious one.

"I am not joking, Chaewon. That night when I sent her home, was the time she was diagnosed with cancer." I explained, anger and sorrow evident in my voice.

Her angry face immediately changed into confusion, then fear.

"What?" her voice got so shaky it almost turned into a whisper.

"It was a late diagnosis. The doctor told us she has a few days left to live." I muttered.

"Wonyoung, I swear if this is a joke--"

"Do I look like I'm joking? Chaewon, you know how much I care for her. I'm doing this because I want her to be happy, even if you hurt her she still loves you, so much." these words were tugging my heart so much that I almost felt like an idiot. Or maybe I am.

She stared at nothing for a while. Maybe she was thinking, or trying to piece everything together. I figured that she needed time to think, so I turned around to leave, but she spoke again.

"Take me to her."