D-day

Your P.O.V.

"Scalpel." I heard a voice.

My body felt numb. I didn't even know where I was. I can't see or feel anything, and all I can hear was the beeping from a monitor.

"Check the blood pressure." they were muffled voices, and I could hear them talking from time to time.

I felt empty and scared. Was I dying?

"Doc, there's something wrong." all of a sudden I heard panicking footsteps. They were muttering something that I can't quite understand but one thing I heard clearly was my heart beating faster, with the quick beeping from the monitor.

"Quick, suction." the voice spoke again, but this time her voice was shaking.

As each second passed by, my heartbeat slowed down and I can feel my consciousness slipping away from me. I was terrified, but at the same time I felt calm.

"Y/n!" the voice spoke again.

"Y/n!" but this time, I was shaken and the voice was slowly turning into a familiar one.

I opened my eyes quickly and gasped for air, I looked at my surroundings and realized that it was all just a dream. A nightmare.

"Chaewon..." I felt a tear escape my eye as I hugged her tightly.

"It's okay, baby. It was just a dream. I'm here now, you're safe with me." she lulled me and rubbed my back for comfort.

We were on a car, on the way to the airport. It was very early in the morning that the sun has just appeared, and I can feel my eyelids closing again as I relaxed myself in her embrace.

I felt a warm hand hold mine, and that was enough to take my pain away.

"I love you." Chaewon whispered into my ear.

My eyes were still closed but I managed to form a smile on my lips, mumbling a small 'I love you too' before leaning my head on her shoulder.

When we arrived, the others were already there waiting for us. My sisters had their luggages already since they will be coming with me and dad.

"Y/n...." Lia hugged me so tight that it felt like we haven't seen each other for years.

Well maybe we won't again...

"Lia, thank you." I mumbled.

"Stop being dramatic, you dumbass. Come back here well and healthy or else I will haunt you forever." she threatened as we let go of each other.

I only laughed and slapped her shoulder jokingly. Then Wonyoung stepped closer and wrapped me in her arms.

"I'll see you again, hm?" she whispered against my ear.

I pulled away and saw how her eyes were getting teary while looking at mine, so I cupped her cheek and gave her a reassuring smile.

"We should head in, the flight's in 30 minutes." dad stated.

I gave the two of my bestfriends one last look before entering the airport. Chaewon was pulling my luggage while we checked in. After we did, we had to proceed to the plane immediately.

"So, this is goodbye then." I turned to her.

"Don't say that. I will still see you soon." she sadly replied and slowly embraced me.

Now that I was bidding her goodbye, and she was in my arms, it felt so surreal. There's a possibility that I might not see her again, and this could be our last moment. So I buried my head into the crook of her neck and enjoyed her warmth.

"Remember what you promised me." she muttered and kissed my forehead before pulling away.

I looked into her eyes and before I knew it, she leaned closer and connected our lips together. Her hands were on my waist while I put mine on her neck, and it was everything for me.

We were deep in the kiss when suddenly our flight was announced on the speakers, so we had to let go.

"I promise you, Chaewon. No matter what, I won't give up on you. Never again." I sincerely told her.

As we walked away, my steps felt heavier. I didn't want to turn around to face her again. It would be harder to go if I did. Because I wanted her last image on my mind to be when we were close to each other, not when she's already far away, waving me goodbye.

I looked at the ring in my finger and smiled.

Right, I need to survive. For her.

But all of a sudden, my breath hitched. My chest tightened and I couldn't hear anything. My legs weakened and before I could feel my body drop to the ground, I lost consciousness.

5 years later

Chaewon's P.O.V.

I sipped on a cup of iced coffee as I walked down the street. I was on my way to meet someone. Then my phone rang. When I looked at the caller, I immediately smiled.

"Hey, I'm on my way."

"Really? I can't wait to see you."

I giggled and turned a corner.

"Me too. Be careful, okay?"

I heard a hum then proceeded to end the call. Once I arrived at the restaurant where I was supposed to meet her, I settled down a table for two and told the waiter I was waiting for someone.

It took 30 minutes before the door opened and she came in. I smiled and waved my hand around to let her know where I was. So she walked to the table with a huge smile on her face.

"Chaewon, I missed youuu~" she cooed and gave me a hug which I returned.

"I missed you too, Yena." I replied.

After we ordered our food, we talked and laughed about random things.

"So, are you ready to enter another stage in life?" she questioned and placed her chin on her hand.

"Of course I am. You don't know how grateful I am to meet you." I answered.

She nodded and brought out a notebook from her bag.

"Then, are you ready to get married?" she asked me seriously.

I looked out the window and breathed deeply, knowing the answer to her question that I have been more sure of for a long time now.

"Yes. I'm ready to marry Y/n."