D-5

Your P.O.V.

It was only 5 in the morning, and I already feel my eyes getting heavier than usual. I did get some sleep, but since midnight I have been waking up frequently because of the pain growing in my stomach, and I have been going to the bathroom every now and then due to vomiting.

Yesterday, Chaewon stayed by my side the whole day. Or more like, begged me to be hers again. I was confused as to why my family left me alone to deal with her.

But after she explained that they let her take care of me, I got pissed. I didn't expect them to just give Chaewon another chance. Well maybe, there's this little thing inside of me that felt better after being with her now.

Except, she saw me basically dying. I really didn't feel bothered by her since I was too busy bearing the pain that this cancer caused me. I felt empty, hurt, and dead.

I would've been feeling hungry since I could barely have a proper meal once a day. But I puked, and slept just to make the pain go away. And she was there the whole time.

While I felt like I almost died a while ago, I told her to call Lia to watch me instead so she can go home, even just for a bit. She was hesitant, but she had no choice.

"Hey." a soft voice was heard as the door opened, then Lia came in.

I mustered up a weak smile which she returned, and went to sit by my side.

"Are you sure about this?" she asked, her voice almost faltering into a whisper.

She came here not just for the purpose of visiting. I called her for something.

"Yeah." I silently replied.

She sighed as she grabbed the phone from her pocket and called someone.

"Hey, uhm, is this Ms. Kim?"

"This is Lia, Y/n's friend."

After starting a conversation, she stood up and went outside to continue the talk.

I knew who she was calling. I was the one who thought of contacting her, ever since the struggle that I experienced this morning. I would probably regret it, but I think it's for the best.

After Lia came in, she went back to her seat and gave me a nod.

"She's coming."

I was closing my eyes, trying to sleep away the pain when suddenly, a knock was heard on the door.

I told my dad and my sisters that they should take a rest from visiting me today, since I have some important matters to do.

Lia opened the door and there I saw a beautiful girl, who looked all too familiar in my head. My heart wrenched in pain as a certain scene came back in my mind. But I shrugged it off to give her a weary smile.

"Come in." I instructed.

As soon as she got a closer look at my state, I saw the pity in her eyes. I got conscious, and embarrassed. But I had to accomplish something.

"I'm Park Y/n." I introduced myself.

I signaled her to take a seat on my left while Lia sat on the couch at the other side of the room.

"Kim Minju." she offered her hand, which I gently shook.

Kim... The same last name as Chaewon's.

"You're probably wondering why a dying person who you don't even know called you." I laughed a bit.

She smiled generously and shook her head. I had to admit, I get now why Chaewon chose her. She looked very beautiful.