𝟎𝟏𝟒 | GROWING GRAVEYARD

CAMP SMELT of burning flesh. Mya hadn't bothered offering to help clear out the bodies, she didn't want to think about all the people who'd lost their lives, deaths that could've been prevented. The sand near the lake had coated her jeans, eyes more adamant on focusing on the distant horizon, skipping rocks across the body of water before her. She crossed her legs, sighing quietly to herself. They were going to bury her father today, to give her mother and Sophia a chance to say goodbye, or that was what Shane had said at least.

Had it been down to Mya, she would've burnt Ed with the walkers.

"Hey." The sound of someone sitting down besides her tore Mya away from her thoughts, gaze guiding itself towards the voice. Daryl shot her a nod, reaching down to grab a rock and tossing it towards the lake himself - an act of solidarity, in a sense.

She looked him up and down, blood soaked his vest, Mya hadn't expected him to be helping clear out the camp, but she figured he had to live there too. Although, she couldn't imagine they'd spent much longer there; the place was starting to feel more like a graveyard. "You've got blood on you." Mya noted.

Daryl grunted, wiping at his shirt. Most people's clothes were bloodstained now, it was strange that they were becoming so accustomed to it, Daryl looked at the crimson stains as though they were specks of dirt he could hardly noticed himself.

Her eyes drew themselves back towards the lake, almost like she was waiting for something to happen. "How's Andrea?" She asked him. Since Amy had been killed the night before, Andrea had stayed with her body all night, Mya had walked past Rick and Shane arguing about what they should do once Amy turned into a walker. Only a few months ago, the idea of a loved one coming back from the dead would've been considered a miracle, but what would soon happen to Amy was the farthest thing from it.

"Same as she's been all night." Daryl responded with a shrug, glancing behind him, towards where Andrea sat over Amy's corpse, tired eyes still filled with tears at the sight of her younger sister. Mya shuddered, she didn't want to imagine what it was like to be in Andrea's position. "Should just put the dead one down before she turns."

Mya shot him a glare, he was far too nonchalant about some of the callous things he said. "That's her sister, Daryl. Think about if it were Merle." She hissed, hoping that mentioning his own family would perhaps put the situation into a better perspective.

It only served to annoy Daryl, "That ain't ever gonna happen to Merle." He shot back.

She wanted to argue back, tell him that Merle wasn't as tough as he liked to make him out to be, that it hadn't took much for Rick to kick his ass. Mya bit her tongue. "Sure, whatever. Do you need something?" She questioned, she doubted he'd come sit with her just because he liked her company, he wanted something surely.