Chapter 1: Coffee shops and Elk Mountain.

{Shane's Pov}

Lisa: Babe... babe... Wake up. Time for work.

I groaned at the bare sound of her voice. It was just one of those voices that makes your head feel like it's been tossed in a blender in the morning. I love her, but it's just too high pitched for me.

Shane: Okay, okay, I'm up.

I say, sitting up and placing my feet on the floor. I pull the eye mask off my head and rub my eyes. Lisa kisses me, her lips pressed against mine, and I kiss her back, trying to ignore her in a way. Just not interested. She pulls away and gives me a funny look, and I just sarcastically nod. She swats me gently with her hand and smiles.

Lisa: You don't always have to be such a prune to me, you know. You have a weird way of showing you love me.

I ran my fingers through my hair and stood up to get in the thankfully hot shower. Living in Colorado sucks major balls. But you get used to the cold, if not and you freeze your toes off, you'll get pushed around a wheelchair in the rest of your life, so, yeah.

I step out and dry off. I feel Lisa drape her arms around my waist and play with the towel hanging there. I shake her hands off with a "can you not?" And get dressed quickly. Before I can run out the door she calls an "I love you!" I mumble "I love you too." And run out the door with my keys in my hands.

{Joeys Pov}

I was all bundled up and ready for my life in the small town. It's not as aim as I thought it would be.

I moved here for Daniel. He's great to me. But everyone here sucks. No wonder he dragged me out here, constant homophobes and we could split the hate 50-50. Besides, California is hella expensive to live at alone.

I'm walking into the kitchen dressed up in three huge coats, barely waddling my way into there. Daniel laughs and kisses me on the forehead when he sees me.

Daniel: You look like an Eskimo.

Joey: I'm your Eskimo.

I say through the mouth scarf and can barely hear him through the two beanies. I let him kiss me yet again and wobble myself out the door to my car. I work at a coffee shop next to the ski resort on Elk Mountain.

{Shane's Pov}

As I'm slowly driving in the slick ice, I see a man in at least three coats fall over on his face. Like a turtle on his back, he can't get up because of all the layers. I pull over. The things I do for people.

I get out of my car and run over to the guy. I help him up quickly.

I notice a 'Rainbow Pride!' sticker on his Malibu. So he's one of them.

He must've seen me looking.

Joey: Hey, um, thanks. I'm sorry if you regret helping me out.

I heard him awkward chuckle and I just nodded slowly.

Joey: So, um, Jesus. Tell me about him.

He said as his gloved hands pointed to my necklace.

Shane: I would, but I have to g-go. I'm s-sorry.

I was stuttering now. I saw it walk out of the house and cross its arms across Its chest.

It: Joey, babe, are you okay?

Joey: Yeah, I just fell over. Help me out of this big one?

Joey, who I found out his name somehow, called to it. It came over and unzipped joeys big coat, leaving him in just two hoodies and whatever was underneath. It's eyes locked with mine and I nearly fell backwards myself.

Joey just waved goodbye to me as I scurried to my car. Even It waved to me, as if It didn't completely mess me up.

It: I love you, Joey.

Joey: I love you too, Daniel.

Those were the last words I heard as I got in my car and cursed whatever had taken over me. I cried as I dangerously drove to the coffee shop, and had to pull over to look at my hands.

My hands that still had purple, blue, and red marks roped around them, showing me where the wires had been knotted and tied. I wanted to scream and cry, but when I saw Joey look over at me as he drove past, I got myself together and drove to the coffee shop.

Wait? Does he work there, too? Hell no. Please, no. No. No. No.

I watched as Joeys car stopped at the coffee shop and pulled in a parking spot. He had gotten himself out of his gloves, one of his beanies, and now the scarf was just around his neck. His hands were in his jean pockets and his brown boots pulled the look together and I wanted to shoot myself in the face.

Pray it away.

I got out of my car and locked it, walking into the coffee house myself.

Joey had hung up one of his hoodies on the coat rack. When I walked in he smiled at me, but I shot him a rude glance, just trying to get him away from me. Anything to get him away from me.

He loves it. It loves him. It used to love me. I...I... I'm going to puke.

I pull on my apron, avoiding eye contact with him, and go to change the sign to 'Open'.

I hate him. I hate him because he loves it.

{I'm so excited for this story omg, what do you think?}