Chapter 9: I love us.

{Shane's Pov}

We laid down on the couch, which was actually brand new, and a black leather. We had a green plaid blanket pulled over our waists, covering our pajama pants covered legs, and let our now both shirtless chests press against each other.

My arms were around his torso and he faced me, his forehead on my shoulder as I "watched" the television.

But that was a lie, because I wasn't watching the frivolous cartoon reruns playing at a low sound on the large flat screen. And that is because I was watching Joey sleep, as creepy as it sounds. But I had started off stealing glances at his porcelain frame and the way his arms pressed more together around my neck when something in his dreams must've happened- not choking me or anywhere close; just a squeeze to let me be aware once more of his presence, although I had not forgotten.

I felt a kiss on my bare shoulder and nearly squirmed at the feeling. There were no such butterflies in my stomach, but a whole zoo, in the manliest way possible.

I heard Joey sigh and he lifted his head from my shoulder and his beautiful blue-green eyes stared up at me with a hazed look.

Joey: You're still here.

Joey told me as if I didn't know, with wonder and amazement in his voice.

I took one of my hands away from being wrapped around his body and brought it to his face, caressing his cheek after I moved the hair from his eyes.

Shane: Of course I'm still here. Why would I leave?

I asked him curiously and lovingly as I pressed my forehead against his, our lips inches apart and our noses barely touching.

Joeys voice went to a whisper; he sometimes feared that the world around him would collapse if it heard the things he said to me.

Joey: The guy before you left me when I was happily asleep.

Joeys voice was a hushed whisper and nearly cracked at the end, his lips moving in small motions to form the right words under mine, and disappeared somewhere between our hot breathes and heated chests.

My thumb moved in a circle motion of his left cheek.

Shane: Don't you ever worry about me leaving you. Because I couldn't if I wanted to.

My voice was just a small volume louder than Joey's, and Joey nodded.

Joey: Alright.

I slowly removed the angle of our foreheads being pressed together and connected Joey's soft lips with my much rougher ones. I bit at my lips when I was in situations, and I knew they were more chapped than his because of how long I have lived in the cold weather.

But Joey kissed me back anyways, my hand running up his cheek and locking my nerve-stained fingers into his blonde-brown hair, making sure not to tug too hard.

I felt his mouth open and oh- his tongue was in my mouth now.

Joey pulled his mouth off of mine and smiled at me, and I felt my hand on his butt.

But instead of pulling away, I squeezed it.

Joey: Shane!

Joey squeaked. I took Joeys hand in mine and placed it where my heart was.

Shane: Yours...

I squeezed his butt again and he blushed a dark pink.

Shane: Mine...

I connected our lips back together and said into the kiss-

Shane: Ours.

He kissed back harder this time and when he pulled back again, dizzy with love and what I just did and the sappy-ness of it all.

We locked both our hands together, intertwining our fingers.

Joey: I love us. I love you.

Shane: I love you too.

Joey giggled and couldn't stop looking at me, and smiling. Trying to suppress his smile, and smiling some more.

Joey: We haven't even dated for 24 hours.

Joey stated matter-of-factly.

Shane: I guess we haven't.

I shrugged as much as I could with Joey on top of me.

Joey: I don't have work today.

Shane: Me neither.

I laughed because if we had work we wouldn't be here, and that was such an obvious statement to say. But he was like that- Factual. And adorable. And cuddly. And just... Amazing.

Joey hit his palm to his face and dragged it down.

Joey: Right, duh. That was stupid.

Joey said as he groaned and got off from on top of me. He placed his bare feet on the wood floor and pushed himself up off of me, making me grunt and him laugh.

Shane: Where are you going?

I asked curiously, sitting up on the couch and turning so my own feet were on the wooden floor, ready to follow Joey.

Joey: Oh I'm just going back to bed. You could tag along, if you wanted to.

Joey said nonchalantly, not hinting at anything- good thing too. I feel like I'm always on the edge of my seat panicky around him, with him being somewhat mysterious sometimes.

Maybe it has something to do with me wanting to know everything. Or possibly the fact that I'm constantly looking for approval in others.

Damn it, it's probably both.

I nodded and picked myself up from off the couch. When I was stood up, I realized yet again that me and Joey were only in boxers yet again- whatever clothes we had decided to put on were scattered elsewhere.

Joey wasn't just beautiful, he was also handsome in a rough, masculine way.

Which made me really confused- because one second he's like a little puppy and the next he's like someone is accidentally call "daddy" in bed and the name would just stick.

Damn it.

Joey: You don't have to check me out all the time Shane, it makes me nervous.

Joey chuckled and I shook my head out of the daydream.

Shane: Sorry! You're just so...

I sighed.

Shane: Everything. Perfect.

Joey rolled his eyes but I could tell he enjoyed being complimented. He also enjoyed this lazy day we could finally just sit around and embrace each other's existence, per se.

Joey grabbed my hand and led me to the bedroom again, as if I didn't remember where exactly it was.

The heavy comforter was spilled into a pile on the floor by the bed, and Joey picked it up and spread it out again, before lying under it.

I joined him and he turned on the T.V, a talk show playing on low volume. Almost comforting.

But Joey was more so.

I wrapped my arm around him and he smiled. He smelt like pomegranate and everything about him fit weirdly and perfectly together.

Joey: I love us.

He whispered to me softly as he fell asleep in my arms. I fell asleep with my face dug in the back of his neck shortly after.