Chapter 2: Flashbacks and Generators.

{Shane's Pov}

I served an older man his coffee, the last one I had to serve before my lunch break.

I took of my apron and sat down on one of the soft chairs with a bagel in my hand after telling Luke I was taking my break.

I couldn't help but feel watched. I put the bagel in my lap and stared at my hands. They reminded me of how hard I was trying.

It reminded me of 'The Time'.

{Flashback}

Shane: Now, why the fuck did you guys bring me out here, and why didn't we bring Daniel? He's the only one who brings any fun to the party.

I spit on the snow, trying to get the taste of a failed skateboard move, which tasted like dirt, out of my mouth.

Anthony: Can I just get straight to the point?

Anthony looked at Ian and Sawyer.

Sawyer: Guys, this might not even be a good idea. What if we get in trouble?

Ian: We aren't gonna get in fucking trouble. We're all friends here.

Shane: What the fuck is going on?

Anthony grabbed my arm and sat me down on a stump.

Anthony: We know what Daniel did to you.

Shane: Wait, what? W-What did you see?

Ian: Too fucking much. We know he did it to you. It's okay, bud. We're just gonna help you out.

I saw Anthony grab rope from his backpack.

Shane: What the hell are you guys doing?!

I shouted, but we were in the middle of the woods, no one would ever hear us.

Not if I screamed bloody murder.

Anthony: This is the only way! This... This is the right way. God's way. Please, let us help you.

Anthony persuaded me, looking at me with sympathy in his eyes. I just nodded, not knowing exactly what they were doing, but trusting my best friends.

Ian: Sawyer, you wuss, get over here and help.

They were tying me to the stump, and I was letting them. Sawyer shook his head and a tear fell down his cheek.

Anthony: What? Did you catch it too?

Sawyer wiped his eyes.

Sawyer: No! I just, can't watch you guys do this. It's too much. I'm leaving.

Sawyer stormed back to the trail, alone. I watched him look back at me, mouth 'sorry' maybe, and keep walking. I was now tied down, and I watched as Anthony pulled the next thing from his back pack.

Barbwire.

I shook my head and tried to get out, but Ian assured me it was for the best.

Shane: Where's Daniel??

I sobbed out, tears soaking me cheeks as the tightly wrapped the Barbwire around and between my fingers, and up to my wrists. A long string ran all the way to my feet. It hurt as Ian pushed it in just a tad, some sinking into my skin a bit.

Ian: Don't you realize?!? Don't you fucking realize he did this to you?!? He's the reason you're here! You are seventeen damn it! You can't damn yourself to hell this young!

Anthony: Daniels safe. Beat the fuck up, but safe. We like you, Shane. We are helping you. He was past the point of no return, but you, you can be saved if you let us.