BONUS CHAPTER - Scarlett's Prequel - The Faker

A PREQUEL!!!!!!!(set before the events of Going Nowhere and Going Together)

Sometimes I feel like I’m in a costume. Only I’m not. I look and sound just like everyone else, but I don’t feel like them. Sometimes I just want to disappear, actually most of the time I just want to disappear.

Growing up as the daughter of a Rock Star Mom isn’t easy, let me tell you, but then add a Rock Star sister, and the CEO of LA’s biggest Talent agency and growing up becomes impossible.

“Hey Scarlett. Word is Ryan is going to ask you to junior prom.” Lydia, one of my friends giggled. She threw her arm around my shoulder, then lifted her arm in the air and took a selfie. “This is toats going on Framed.”

“R R Ryan?” I stuttered… “Me?” I pulled on my brown ponytail and shrugged. I was like the least popular girl, in the “popular” clique. Why would he ask me?

“Yeah, he thinks you’re hot. Act surprised okay.”

I nodded, and turned around, walking straight into Ryan’s muscular body. He caught my shoulders and grinned.  God, he really was something. His hair was messy, and he was slick with sweat from football practice. “Hey Scar… you’re looking hot today.”

I felt my skin heat up, and a grin crossed my face. Me hot?

“Want to go to prom?”

I nodded, unable to speak coherently.

“Awesome. I’ll call you after school okay!”
“Uh, sure. Thanks Ryan.” I managed to croak out, although I was sure I sounded like a basket case.

“Oh. My. God! We HAVE to go shopping!” Aneka exclaimed.

I nodded awkwardly. Shopping wasn’t my thing, but if my friends wanted to do it, then who was I to question it.

“I need to go to my locker. See you guys later.” I replied walking away feeling dazed and confused.  Truth was, I didn’t need to go to my locker. I just need space. I walked down to the carpark and sat on the fence. I was there less than five minutes before a familiar voice pulled me from my tranquility.

“Jackson. Fancy seeing you this close to the wrong side of the tracks.” Xavier Smith exclaimed. I looked up and frowned. The son of my parent’s best friends stood in front of me. He was scowling, like he always did. We weren’t friends though, far from it. He’d systematically tortured me since we started high school.

“Go away Smith.” I pleaded. “Just for once. Please.”

I looked down and folded my arms around myself. Why couldn’t he just grow up?

“Scarlett.” He said, his voice had changed, he almost sounded nice or caring, which was completely unlike him.

“Xavier.” I warned.

He looked around, as if to see if anyone was looking. His friends stood in the corner buy the science lab, watching us with beady eyes. I bit the inside of me cheek and slid off the fence.

“Doesn’t it get tiring being fake?” He said with a grin.

“I’m not fake.” I lied. I was, I was as fake as it got and I always had been. How come the boy who hated me was the only one who could see it. I frowned and shrugged. At least I had friends who cared about me, fake or not.

“Really?” He questioned looking me up and down.

I tugged at the singlet I was wearing, the one that showed more of my midriff than I was comfortable with.