Prologue and Chapter One - White Christmas

Prologue

Twists and turns, Ups and downs... there are many directions you can go, and not all of them are pretty. Some directions can take to you a pretty ugly place.

Luckily for me, I'd managed to find myself, and the love of my life, simply by changing my direction. A year ago things had been so different.

I hadn't expected the proposal, marriage wasn't something we had talked about. We had been so busy with the tour that our relationship, and being together in the moment was more important than the future. In true Xavier style though, he had challenged my thinking.

Saying yes was easy. My love for Xavier was so strong that he was the last thing I thought of as I lay entwined in his arms each night, and he was the first thing I thought of when I woke in the morning.

Saying No had never been an option, it didn't exist.

But I was hiding something. Something big. It would test us, lay our relationship on the line.

I'd known the entire week before Xavier proposed that my time on the Going Nowhere tour was grinding to an abrupt halt. In January I would be pulled and replaced. My career had taken off quickly and the executives wanted me on a promo tour ASAP. I'd planned to tell him the night he'd proposed, but when he knelt in front of me, his eyes full of hope and love. I chickened out.

Xavier wouldn't be happy. He wouldn't be happy that in less than two weeks we would be separated and he wouldn't be happy I had lied by omission.

 I just had to get through Christmas, I'd tell him after Christmas.

Chapter One – White Christmas.

“Merry Christmas Fiance” Xavier crooned, his arm, that lay snaked around my waist moved, and tightened around me. “I love you”

“I love you too Xavier” I replied sleepily.

I opened my eyes and looked out the window of our hotel. “It looks like it's going to be a scorching day”

“Is it bad that I just want to spend it wrapped up in bed with you?” Xavier murmured into my ear, his warmth breath sent ripples down my back. I liked the idea of spending the entire day together, just the two of us, but it wasn't possible, not today.

“I think our families might have a problem with that. We're supposed to meet in the conference room at 9am” I yawned.

“Trust our fathers to rent out the conference room for Xmas morning gift swapping”

I smiled, It was a completely typical thing for them to do, but I didn't care. Spending the holidays with our families on Christmas day was something that I was thankful for. With a great deal of reluctance I untangled myself from Xavier and sat on the edge of the bed.

“Come on sleepyhead, it's already 8:30, we need to get in the shower now if we're going to make it in time.” I moaned walking towards the bathroom.

“I think we ought to shower together don't you” He jeered as I turned on the water. “Save time. Then we have more time to get ready.”

I rolled my eyes “Come on then.”

We left the hotel room at 9:03am, Showering together had proved to be more of a time waster than showering alone, the minute we were in there, everything else was forgotten and we ended up fooling around like the lovesick couple we were. Time was not a factor, it didn't even seem to exist when were together.