Chapter Four - Cold Shower

It didn’t take long for the media to pick up on my replacement. Strategically placed paparazzi managed to snap a pic of Xavier and Arabelle chatting to one another leaving the venue after a concert. I could tell it was innocent on Xavier’s side, and on her side it was just more of her “I’ll chase you until you relent” façade. The headlines in the tabloids certainly didn’t help quell my worries.

Savier: Going Nowhere, out with the scars, and in with the smoking hot replacement. 

Scarlett and Xavier: The world’s favorite rock power couple… Over! find out why! 

Xavier’s new mystery woman…. Scarlett who? He says. 

“Oh honey, what have I told you about googling yourself?” Mom berated me as she walked in to the kitchen.

“It’ll only make me feel worse, even though 90% of it is bull shit.” I replied as I clicked on another tabloid link. “I can’t help it.”

Mom walked over to me and pressed the screen of the laptop down. “I’ve seen the tabloids honey. You know the truth. Xavier knows the truth. What everyone else thinks is insignificant.”

I sighed and nodded. She was right, and usually Xavier would be around to remind me of the exact same thing. Except he was here with me, and that was where the problem lay.

“It’s only been two days and I feel like I’m going crazy. He’s so busy when we talk. We’ve had a little more than 40 minutes to chat since I left. I miss him.”

“Of course you do honey and he will be missing you too. He’s probably just as torn up about the distance as you are, but he’s got the tour to keep him busy. As soon as you’re on the promo tour you’ll be the same.”

“I hope so.” 

Mom poured us both a glass of wine. “Make sure you go to bed soon. You’ve got an early morning tomorrow.

“Yes Mom. Thank you” I smiled picking up the glass. Mom left the room and began to lift the laptop lid up again. Before I could get very far my phone started ringing. I picked it up and answered.

“Hello?”

“Hey Babe. How are you?”

“I miss you.” I replied my voice as low as I felt. “Although these tabloids are lifting my spirits.” I mocked.

“You know they’re all shit.” He whispered. “Don’t let it get to you.”

“I’m trying really hard.” I replied.

“Speaking of hard… I miss you too by the way. I woke up this morning and it took me at least ten minutes to realize you weren’t coming back to bed.” He laughed softly. “It took a cold shower to convince the rest of me.”

I felt a smile touch my face. “You didn’t need to get rid of it you know” I whispered back, looking around to make sure I was alone. “You could have touched it.”

I heard Xavier’s breathing hitch. “Where are you right now?” He murmured, I recognized his seductive tone, the one that always seem to catch me off guard.

“In the kitchen. Mom and Dad are in bed.” I replied, closing my laptop completely. “I’m heading up to bed now too.”

“Mmmm, into the room I had so many teenage fantasies about you in… that’s fine with me.”

“Xavier! You pervert.” I giggled as I walked up the stairs. “Where are you?”

“In my hotel room. Alone, and I’ll have you know, all that hard work this morning was for nothing.”