Chapter 4

You looked awkwardly at the teams gathered in the Hokage Tower. Team Seven, led by Kakashi Hatake, which consisted of Uchiha Sasuke, Uzumaki Naruto and . . . your sister, Haruno Sakura. The Third Hokage, Hiruzen Sarutobi handed a sheet of paper to Kakashi and Hayato who peered at it curiously.

"Team One and Team Seven will go an a C rank mission together. The mission is to escort a carpenter known as Tazuna san to the Land Of Waves, and we thought it better to send two teams so they both get experience." Hiruzen said. Naki sent a murderous glare to the Hokage for some reason, but he just ignored it. Sasuke turned towards Indra with a hateful look in his eyes, while Indra just looked back painfully at him. Those two had some kind of past, that was for sure. Indra scowled and looked back at Hiruzen.

"Tazuna san, come in." Hiruzen waved at the door. An old man in a grey shirt ad black pants, wooden sandals on his feet and thick glasses came in and peered at them. He scratched his beard and said,"Are you sure these kids are up to the task? One of them is just a pretty boy." he asked, looking at Naki, who sent a sweet, extremely sadistic smile his way. Tazuna shivered and waved his hand,"I mean, of course they are!! Haha!" You snorted at the way his words changed instantly. You and Indra weren't intimidated in any way by the Hyuga boy, but he was someone extremely feared by everyone. For some reason.

You'd heard from someone called Neji Hyuga that Naki was from the side family supporting the main branch family, and the children of those families had a curse mark, a manji on their foreheads, which helped the main family control them. Which made them slaves who had to protect Hinata Hyuga, the heir to the Hyuga clan. However, Naki had instantly removed that curse mark one day, and done the same for Neji. Neji had told you all about how Naki had been waiting for you as he wanted to meet people he knew, as he had lived for a long time without having so much as a glance at the faces of his dear friends. Neji respected Naki a lot, and had declared proudly that he was ready to give his life for Naki who had changed him and made him a free man. The two seemed to share a mutual dislike for the main family and Hinata too.

"Well, meet Tazuna san tomorrow at the gates, and escort him to the Land of Waves." Hiruzen said, and waved a hand to dismiss them. As soon as you came outside, Sasuke flashed his Sharingan at Indra, who responded by glaring at him. You walked away from them like the others, but came back unnoticed and seated yourself in a crevice in the wall above. It was shrouded in darkness, a great hiding spot.

"Indra . . . Being Shisui's younger brother, you could have asked him. You could have asked them what was going on. Danzo made my brother do such a horrible thing and all you did was run away." Sasuke said coldly. You listened in on the conversation, hoping you wouldn't be noticed.

"Sasuke, you know I was sent away and had no choice. And at that moment, Itachi made his choice. If you can stop blaming me, we can move ahead of this." Indra replied. Sasuke launched forward and making hand signs, made a bolt of electricity in his hand. Indra dodged and kicked him down to the ground, a foot on his head.

"Indra . . . I'll kill you!" Sasuke growled. Ah. Did he blame Indra for the horrible things his brother did and developed a desire to kill him? Huh. And who was Shisui? You had no idea, but you knew that Sasuke's bloodlust was real. And he and Indra would have to be on a mission together. Now this could be troublesome.

"I would never have told you the truth if I knew you would make it your goal to kill me." Indra smirked and slammed the back of his hand on Sasuke's neck. He fell unconscious, and Indra looked at you. You smiled a bit and came out of your hiding spot. Indra rolled his eyes at you.

"Why did you even hide? Could have just joined in this totally not a private conversation." Indra said sarcastically. You smiled sheepishly.

"I mean, I wanted to know what was up between you two since you already know about me." you reasoned. Indra sighed and looked down at the unconscious Sasuke.

"Me and my brother Shisui were orphans. He was Sasuke's brother Itachi's best friend. Shisui reasoned with the Uchiha, who were planning a coup, to stop it and try talking with the Hokage. You see, Danzo Shimura controls the Hokage's actions. He isolated the Uchiha to increase their animosity towards the village and make them plan a coup." Indra started. You were confused. "Why would he do that?"

"He was highly anti Uchiha, and also has several Sharingans on his arm, pretty gross. Wants all their power. Anyways, he planned for the coup to happen. Itachi's father Fugaku was the head of the clan, and along with Itachi, enlisted me in the Anbu. I was sent on a mission when it all happened, probably planned by that bastard. And Sasuke's brother Itachi was the one forced to massacre the clan, leaving Sasuke alive. They tried to kill me on the mission, but obviously failed. And I guess Sasuke started blaming me when I told him the truth." Indra shrugged. You placed a hand on his shoulder, and he flinched, but relaxed his shoulder again.

"No need to feel sorry about it." he ruffled your h/c hair with one hand. You flushed, but managed to control your expression. "EHEM I CANNOT HELP BUT FEEL SORRY YOU LITERALLY TOLD ME ALL OF YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS AND COMMUNITY GOT MASSACRED." you removed his hand from your head and countered loudly. He laughed and looked up at the sky. He had a small smile on his face, but his eyes were awfully distant.

"I've gotta train now. See you later, Y/N." he waved. You nodded. "Yeah, I've gotta train too, so see ya!" you waved and turned your back to him, jumping away from the spot, leaving Sasuke alone. Meh, he'd wake up sooner or later. The one thing clear to you was the effect that Indra had on you. He made you feel weirdly, and your heart pounded whenever you saw him. Could he be your husband? Or had you just fallen for someone who wasn't even him? Either way, you decided it was too early to say you liked Indra. You cleared your mind of the thought and headed to the forest for training.