Chapter 7

Only a few days had passed after you had returned from the mission to the Land of Waves to the village. Sakura had started regular medical and physical training under you while Indra had become Naruto's instructor, and Naki had taken it on himself to train Neji, claiming it was his duty as a big brother, although it was a bore. Hayato had send you a letter that the Chuunin exam was going to take place, and you'd decided to meet up with Naki and Indra and discuss the exams with them. You smiled widely as soon as you recognised a familiar brown headed guy in a black suit approaching you, although Indra had him caught by his collar, and Sasuke was in the same position in Indra's other hand. Naki hummed quietly as Gaara and Temari followed behind.

"Yo, Panda chan!" you hopped over to the red head, and Indra stared questioningly at you. Gaara looked teary and hugged you. Temari ran forward and hugged you as well.

"SENSEIII" Temari cried. You messed up their hair playfully. Sakura and Naruto, who had just come from behind, seemed puzzled.

"You know these brats?" Indra asked. You faked a hurt look as you hugged your pupils closer. "My cute brats wouldn't do anything bad." you said, and looked at Kankuro. "Except for one overconfident idiot." A chill ran up Kankuro's spine and he nervously shook his head. "Nonononono, Sensei, please, I swear I didn't do anything!" Kankuro waved his hands in protest. Temari sighed and massaged her forehead. Well, even without her sign you'd been able to tell he was lying anyways. You cracked your knuckles and approached him. He looked bruised and you guessed that was Indra's doing. He'd gone super easy on this kid. Probably because he didn't want Konoha to look bad in front of the Sand. However, as for why Sasuke was bruised too, you had no idea.

Indra flashback:

Indra was returning from Okazuchi Dango as usual when he saw Itachi's little brother Sasuke caught at the throat by someone. His disciple, Naruto was just watching as a black costumed Sand shinobi strangled Sasuke. Well, Indra had told him to stay out of stuff that involved Sand shinobis as Naruto couldn't go easy on them yet due to the immense power of the Nine Tails in him that he couldn't quite control. Naruto was a part of the plan that Indra had made, and the sole reason for him training Naruto had been so that he could play that part. After that, he couldn't really care less what happened to Naruto. And maybe he could even manipulate Y/N. Though that would be incredibly hard, if she was by his side . . .

"Hah. Who knew Leaf shinobi were so weak." the kid in black said. Indra sighed and walked towards them. He cracked his knuckles and punched the kid in black right on his solar plexus. The kid coughed and rolled onto the ground, while Sasuke leapt towards Indra, coughing.

"You bastard!" Sasuke yelled. Huh. Not a drop of kindness appreciated, huh. Sasuke was just looking for fights everywhere. Yare yare daze. Indra sighed again. Looked like Y/N's melodramatic lines were rubbing off on him. He punched Sasuke, who rolled onto the ground pathetically too.

Back to Y/N:

"KYAAAAAAAAA" Kankuro screamed as one of your punches fell on him and you laughed like a maniac. Temari sweatdropped while Gaara ate from a bowl of popcorn he held in his hand. Kankuro had a red bruise on his cheek, which was bleeding, and he healed himself while sobbing and whimpering.

"Sensei, you're so cruel." Kankuro whined and laid down on the ground. You laughed while Sasuke kept watching. He bit his lip as he stared at you.

"Sasuke chan, if you stare at me so much I'm not gonna let you marry my Sakura you know?" you teased and Sasuke's jaw dropped half open while Sakura turned red in the face.

"Anyways, Y/N. You don't need to worry about the Chuunin exams. There will most likely be a small theory test and you can ace the rest." Indra informed. The exams were from tomorrow morning, and you just hoped you'd be able to do your best. Theory exam sounded a bit rough, especially since you knew nothing, but Indra gave you some textbooks to study till tomorrow. Some very thick books, and you hoped you'd be alright in your mind. Naki volunteered to stay at your place and teach you math, something you agreed to.

Indra POV:

"Wait, Y/N. I need to talk to you for a bit." Indra called out to her. She turned back, her expression kind of cute as always. Indra cursed himself for thinking that. She walked up to him, and stared into his dark obsidian eyes with her beautiful e/c ones. He took a deep breath. This was win or lose.

"I love you, Y/N." he lied. If he made her love him, she'd no doubt turn over to his plan. She'd love him too much to say 'no'. It was perfect. It was a perfect plan, and a perfect outcome. Then why did his heart hurt so much?

"You, you gotta be joking." she laughed nervously. That made his heart break into a million pieces, and he realized then that maybe he liked her. For real. But that wasn't allowed. Loving her was just an act to manipulate her to be his pawn. That was it. He couldn't love her truly, he had a vision that he had to fulfill. Even if he had love for her in his heart, he would have to throw it away. It was for the best. And if his fake love wouldn't work on her, force would.

"I, um, I'll see you later." she waved awkwardly and ran away, leaving Indra alone. His heart was in pain, but it kept calling her name, again and again.

Back to Y/N:

Your heart pounded as you walked down the streets, with a red face. A confused Naki trailed after you and you ran, trying to lose him. Indra had confessed to you. Indra. Was it true? His words had been spoken as if it was painful for him to say it. What was going on in his mind? What did he have in his heart?

And what were you supposed to do?