help

okay so

I have two harry potter fics in my mind but I DON'T KNOW WHICH ONE TO CHOOSE BC THEY'RE BOTH KINDA GOOD ????

anyways here they are, let me know which one you think you would like best (if these even get published ASKFNEOENFK — might even give the other one away if I try to write one of them BYE)

━━━ LONDON BOY
faceclaim:
sofia wylie

summary:
Venus Black had been raised in America. Both of her parents were British — purebloods in the Sacred Twenty-Eight, as well — but after the first Wizarding World, they decided they wanted their daughter to have a fresh start somewhere else. Mary and Atlas never really cared much for their blood purity status, anyways. Of course, that made them outcasts in their own family, especially since Mary was a Ravenclaw instead of a Slytherin, so they just decided to leave. Therefore, they packed up their bags and left to live in one of the greatest cities in the United States — New York.

Growing up, Venus always knew she was different. The other children couldn't make objects displace or make plants grow like she could. But her parents calmly explained to her that they were wizards, and that she was one as well — and to say that Venus was ecstatic was an understatement.

While her parents worked at the Magical Congress of the United States, Venus was accepted into Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Placed into the house of Thunderbird — the one that represented the soul of the wizard and favored adventurers — she excelled.

However, her parents then are promoted in MACUSA to work for the Ministry of Magic over in England. And suddenly, the family of three are packing their bags and moving to London. Venus says goodbye to the city that never sleeps and turns towards a new school, one called Hogwarts.

Times are rough in the middle of a brewing war, and just her luck, Venus gets dropped right into the center.

On the train, she meets Charlotte Thomas, a no-Maj (sorry, muggle) born Slytherin (which was apparently against the rules or something?), and Elijah Rogers, a half-blood Ravenclaw desperately trying to meet his parents' high expectations. They share a compartment together with none other than Harry Potter (because Charlotte and Elijah are friends with him?), and Venus is instantly sucked into the mess of the Boy who Lived (of course she knows about him.)

It isn't necessarily the best situation, especially with a Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher who is completely horrible. Nevertheless, Venus can't help the way she gets flustered by British accents (Harry's specifically) and emerald green eyes (yes, also Harry's.) Basically, what she's trying to say is that she gained a crush on Harry Potter the very first second she laid eyes on him.

Because, after all, Venus Black does enjoy a good London boy.

━━━ BRUTAL
face claim:
crystal reed

summary:
Meet the heir of Slytherin — well, not really. Penelope Lestrange has been damaged her entire life. Being the daughter of the infamous Bellatrix Lestrange, Voldemort's right-hand Death Eater, and getting sorted into Slytherin on top of that kind of set her up for it. She's been looked down upon her entire life just because of the legacy her parents left behind.

Now, when Cedric Diggory is murdered by the hands of Voldemort and his Death Eaters himself, Penelope's fucking terrified. If Potter is telling the truth, and that Voldemort really is back (which he is, why would Potter make that up?), there's a very high possibility that her mother's going to get broken out of Azkaban. Just to keep her safe until the school year starts, Andromeda and Ted Tonks — Penelope's guardians — send her to live at Grimmauld Place for part of the summer.

Penelope soon comes to realize that Harry Potter, who she thought for all this time was getting in trouble for fun, never really wanted to be the hero of the story in the first place. A damaged boy and a damaged girl come to meet, and with a new war brewing, they sure are a force to be reckoned with . . . and Merlin, it sure is brutal out there.

lol okay brutal has been in my drafts for a while . . . like, for over a year (originally it was called seventeen) but I also love london boy ???? and I love these two plots ???? I NEED ADVICE PLS