harry potter ❤️

all right bitches we're about to get real sentimental and sappy up in this shit so just prepare for that

so my three friends and I made plans to go to the new harry potter store in new york city. the city's only an hour away from us so it wasn't like it was a ✨road trip✨ or anything, but my one friend admitted that she hadn't read any of the books or saw any of the movies.

so that's when we had our movie marathon <3

two days of nonstop harry potter? bro, I felt like I was in a different DIMENSION afterwards like holy shit. I actually hadn't watched the movies in a while, and reliving that whole world . . . it was absolutely insane.

then yesterday we took our trip into the city to go to the store.

oh.

my.

god.

THAT STORE WAS SO FUCKING WILD I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE TO BEGIN

okay so you walk in and immediately right in front of you are all the wands. yes I did buy another wand (it's queenie goldstein's, so it'll join hermione and ginny's in my room) and then to your right is all the house gear. then there's a small candy shop like honeyduke's with chocolate frogs and then a small fantastic beasts section. and then you go downstairs and it's sort of like the dungeons with more merch, house robes, and all the books you can buy. finally, after you check out, you're immediately pushed into the butterbeer bar — which, yes, I got butterbeer ice cream. shit was delicious.

I also got a harry undesirable number one daily prophet t-shirt, a marauder's map reusable bag, and a chocolate frog. go me.

but after being in that store, I felt . . . sort of sentimental in a way? first, I thought it was only reminding me of my universal trip to see the wizarding world. a lot of the merch at the store is the same as the one in universal, but then I realized that I was actually being sentimental because I was remembering how it was the first time I read the books.

I'm a freshman in college now, and I first read the books when I was in eighth grade. I had never really experienced books like harry potter ever before in my life, but the second I read "mr and mrs dursley of number four privet drive were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much", I was hooked.

my universal and nyc trips have really opened my eyes to how much this series means to me. literally my comfort series I stg. no matter what, I know I can always fall back on it. no wonder why I'm writing two hp books.

so if you're ever visiting new york city for any reason, go out of your way to visit this store. seriously you won't regret it.

anyways enough of my sappy shit, time to go back to reading my stupid summer reading book & writing more of brutal and london boy :)))